John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the word 'Potential' has the potential to overtake 'Imminent' as the new transfer forum buzzword.

As long as it's not 'ceiling'.

I throw up a bit in my mouth every time I see a comment which says "player X's ceiling is much higher than player Y's". Not trying to sound like the video game bashers but reality doesn't work the same way as FIFA.

It looks like the word 'Potential' has the potential to overtake 'Imminent' as the new transfer forum buzzword.

When you buy mostly 19 and 20year olds mate.....you going to hear the word "potential" used alot! "Potentially" this is a world class transfer window but at this point many still have alot to prove!

Is his ceiling that? you and I don't know that. The fact were in for him suggests he has something. The fact we haven't yet bought him suggests something also.

Agreed mate....just my view but I feel the "haggling" over price has more to do with us trying to show our strength in negotiations and less to do with questioning the lads talent!;)

Completely correct.

City want to to pay part of the fee based on future performance. Everton want £50m cash.

Many Everton fans were saying Stones and Lukaku did great jobs for us by playing poorly and harming their chances of a move!
Heard different stories, but we all now how this is going to end and frankly, for Everton, the best thing to do is to solve the problem asap.

Ive no doubt the lads got talent. The question I think City are trying to answer is, does he have £50m worth of talent .

I agree....I think as fans (can only speak for myself)we look at things very black and white and easy for me to say....If we rate him a 40mil+ add-ons type player....whats 5mil when we clearly rate him highly but understand the club cant or shouldnt always look at things in this way....

If he weren't English, would we be looking at him? I'm not that sure being honest

Of course we would. English or not he's one of the best ball playing defenders in the world. If anything it's the English thing that has put off other clubs as if he were Spanish and cheaper then nearly everyone would be in the race for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.