John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the answer anyone could work out is the system we'll be playing

The system might be there but if we don't get stones we haven't addressed our defensive problems regardless of any system.
Clueless non footballing centre halves and ageing full backs should be addressed

Last edited:
Hi mate, genuine question...what happens if that system doesnt fit to the current players strengths? We have solid CB's but the "only" ball playing defender we have is Kompany and he'll likely start the season on the injury list....Pep's system isnt a one size fits all...He needs the right type of players to execute fully. I feel you cant fit a square peg in a round hole and we have a few players that just dont fit...Pep is one of the best managers in the world and because of this he will "make do" if needs be but we wont truly see how great this team can be until the right "type" of players are in place...The back 4 is still a very big weakness...which is why we've been trying to sign 2 CB's for most of the summer...
No worries I'm not entirely sure I know the answer but I'll give it a go , regarding the ball playing centre halves I'd say one of Otamendi's strength's is passing out from the back its when he went diving into the space between our back 4 and our midfield and left a massive gap behind him he looked suspect , with Pep's system there won't be a massive gap between our back 4 and midfield so hopefully that'll cut out Otamendi's weaknesses. Denayer is also supposedly a ball playing centre half and In fact the only centre half I would claim isn't one is Mangala.

I often wonder why, if true ofcourse, other clubs leak information to the press so fast while we are great in keeping up silence.

Anyways, Everton play hardball and it's their right to do so. They take their chances ending up with a player frustrated (again). As it is our right to see what we can do with the players we do have in the system Pep feels suits us best.

Our defense has its limitations but I have enough faith in them to give Pep time to see how hard he needs Stones.

Give me half that money and i will find you a ball playing young defender equally as good if not better for half the price.

Why did we wait three years for Pep - when we could have had you! ; )

No worries I'm not entirely sure I know the answer but I'll give it a go , regarding the ball playing centre halves I'd say one of Otamendi's strength's is passing out from the back its when he went diving into the space between our back 4 and our midfield and left a massive gap behind him he looked suspect , with Pep's system there won't be a massive gap between our back 4 and midfield so hopefully that'll cut out Otamendi's weaknesses. Denayer is also supposedly a ball playing centre half and In fact the only centre half I would claim isn't one is Mangala.

thanks for your reply mate! Mangala is my big concern and with Kompany likely out to start the season...I just think Stones would give us be a big upgrade over Mangala! I just see Stones as the perfect fit for Pep's style of play. Guess we'll find out soon if Pep feels Stones "fit" is worth 50mil!;) cheers

I've explained in the past mate. His sister is someone we have contact with, sometimes it's her over the phone, sometimes it isn't. Obviously when it's her, the conversation starts with jokey chit chat about her brother. There's nothing more to it, she just seems very happy about the situation, which I don't think she would be if it had stalled (she has said previously they hope he gets his move). Could be to anywhere like.

Bit strange a pro footballer would let his sister work for one of those chat lines.

I'm just telling you what I know to be true.
Tbh I hope it is true. I don't think City will go over £40M this time, as they don't want to burden him with the pressure of being a £50M player, which in my opinion Stones is nowhere near worth. I imagine he may well stay with Everton, and he may well prove himself to be worth £50M, or he may end up being worth £15M to £20M if the potential doesn't develop. The worst thing from Stones' perspective is that he may be very pissed off at losing the chance of playing for Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.