John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see him playing much. He'll have Laporte, Ake, Garcia (maybe) and hopefully a new centre-back likely all starting ahead of him. Stones' problem has always been the mistakes and lack of concentration. Physically, he is built for the position. He is quick, tall and strong. His general play and passing are on par with Laporte. He just costs us far too many goals.

I believe Stones wants off to Arsenal but they can not afford him, Chelsea were sniffing earlier in the window and i would swap him for Rudiger who has had a similar poor season according to Chelsea fans

Still believe that John can do well for us. I would start him with Laporte. It is not easy to be Peps central defender. You play one game and next two you‘re on the bench. If you add injuries then you are poor central defender at the end. Every our defender was poor last season and we don’t believe them. We are talking about other CBs and we don’t even see what we have. Hope we sign no more and give, Nico, John, Laporte, Garcia and Ake our support!

Good lord! You would think we were talking about Maldini, Nesta or Puyol here! its Stones, fucking John Stones! A career ending move for Pep if he gets rid of Stones? I am beginning to think Stones is some kind of Don Corleone here at City, fucking untouchable, you talk bad about him or you sell and just like that you are done!
That is not what he said,he said both senior ones at once

Still believe that John can do well for us. I would start him with Laporte. It is not easy to be Peps central defender. You play one game and next two you‘re on the bench. If you add injuries then you are poor central defender at the end. Every our defender was poor last season and we don’t believe them. We are talking about other CBs and we don’t even see what we have. Hope we sign no more and give, Nico, John, Laporte, Garcia and Ake our support!

A season on loan elsewhere might reboot him; it’s obvious Guardiola can’t get anything consistent out of him (I think he’s drilled the flair out of him in the same way he has with Bernardo, and that can make players overthink/override instinct, hesitate and then make errors) but our next coach might be able to take him back to the levels he showed in late 2017.

If he excels we either get a confident player back next year to challenge for a place, or his value increases and we get a better fee for him. Send him somewhere like West Ham or Newcastle, where he can work under pragmatic coaches for the first time in his career.

A season on loan elsewhere might reboot him; it’s obvious Guardiola can’t get anything consistent out of him (I think he’s drilled the flair out of him in the same way he has with Bernardo, and that can make players overthink/override instinct, hesitate and then make errors) but our next coach might be able to take him back to the levels he showed in late 2017.

If he excels we either get a confident player back next year to challenge for a place, or his value increases and we get a better fee for him. Send him somewhere like West Ham or Newcastle, where he can work under pragmatic coaches for the first time in his career.

So let's get this right. Pep has drilled the flair out of Stones and Bernardo? Does that include the period when we won 7 titles? And you also reckon that Stones would be better under Moyes (Wet Spam) or Bruce (Newcastle)? Have a word with yourself.

Have we not got rid of him yet? Or has he regressed so far that no one wants him. We must be paying a fortune every week to players who never play anymore.

He needs to go ASAP. I believe he only has 18 months left on his contract so this is the only summer we will get anything like decent money i.e 20-30mil - surely West Ham or Everton have that sort of money and could go with a centre back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.