John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carvalho is our best centre half. Big doubt with injury though. Lots of niggly ones. Also Scolari alluded to him having problem inside his head!!! On his day as good as anyone around

ConnorMCFC said:
terry4everblue said:
how does it feel city fans??
you know what mate, i wanted terry, simply because it would have been a huge statement of intent.

however, i've said throughout the saga that im not to bothered if we dont get him, the fact he was interested in coming to us, and its caused so much unrest at chelsea, and the fact he now has to win over alot of chelsea fans has pleased me.

there are many defenders who would be a better buy for us. alot of younger, not as injury prone defenders, so take it from me and many city fans, were gald we have caused so much unrest at chelsea, but were not going to lose sleep over not getting him

my thoughts excatly

would have been great to get terry, but was always a long shot to entice mr chelsea. we came very close and i bet no other club will come anywhere near to signing him in the future. hopefully he will put that moscow penalty miss behind him next season and win chelsea the champions league. with us doing the same in 10/11 season!

by the way hopefully a couple of those chelsea posters stick around, that fulham bloke seems sound. miles better than the everton ones on here anyhow.

terry4everblue said:
how does it feel city fans??
personaly iam glad. i didnt want him from the start. to old an hes not worth the money we were reported to be payin i think theres better out there. an you cockneys dont know anything outside london apart from being closet rag twats.

mikeyboy said:
would have been great to get terry, but was always a long shot to entice mr chelsea. we came very close and i bet no other club will come anywhere near to signing him in the future. hopefully he will put that moscow penalty miss behind him next season and win chelsea the champions league. with us doing the same in 10/11 season!

by the way hopefully a couple of those chelsea posters stick around, that fulham bloke seems sound. miles better than the everton ones on here anyhow.

I imagine the next headline when we return from the USA is Terry signing a new 5 year contract which will take him thru to 33. I think that if you get Lescott and Toure that will more than compensate and your team is really now taking shape.

Lomas has a lob on said:
bobrivers said:
If I were Hughes I'd pull any stops to sign Carvalho. Ricky is a world class CB, who's ideal in playing alongside typical big "physical" British CB like Dunne,Richards etc.

He may be older than Toure or Lescott but he's also miles better than either of them.
yeh totally agree mate, i've mentioned carvalho on lots of different threads, is alex in ahead of him now, or is it just a case of carvalho getting a good injury free pre season under his belt and he'd be back in the team along side terry?

The only reason Alex was first choice last season is because Carvalho was missing due to injuries. When fit, he's easily the most naturally talented defender in our ranks and that includes Terry.

He doesn't have Terry's leadership but he's faster,better on the tackle and reads the game better. I'd pick him ahead of Alex and Ivanovic still. The only question is whether last season's injuries affected him to the point that he lost a bit of pace or become more injury prone.

chelseatime said:
mikeyboy said:

I imagine the next headline when we return from the USA is Terry signing a new 5 year contract which will take him thru to 33. I think that if you get Lescott and Toure that will more than compensate and your team is really now taking shape.
and YOUR mr.chelsea held YOUR precious club to ransom for a better contract..lol
I am gutted he aint come, but there are younger defenders out there and hopefully we may have our own mr.city in Nedum..
So thanks for your input now fuck off...

chelseatime said:
mikeyboy said:

i can see that improved 5 year deal coming for terry also.good luck to him he shouldnt be on less than ballack thats for sure!
toure i'd be delighted with, always rated him.seemed to have got over the malaria near the end of the season and put in some great performances like the seasons before. lescott again would be great but not for stupid money ala 30mil. would rather go elsewhere to be honest if thats the case.

Thank the lord he's staying £30m+ was silly for a injury prone player and to be blunt he aint that good.

Mods please close this silly thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.