John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

Hope we don't get him. Despise the fucker.

Apart from Robinho, all our other signings have come to the club, it seems, to be part of a team that is going to progress, win things, put pressure on the top 4 and be successful. Terry's already on a huge wage at Chelsea, already won the league twice and other honours, England captain etc. He's pretty much in one of the best positions any player could be in. If he comes to us, it would be purely money based and he would see it as an easy way to retire after already winning numerous trophies. He's a brilliant defender, no doubt, but I really hope he doesn't come to our club, as it would be purely purely based on money and nothing else and I for one don't want a team full of these type of players. I want Hughes to sign players HE thinks will benefit the club as well as the team, i.e. Santa Cruz, Barry, De Jong, Given. All of these players want to win things. Barry and Given have no major honours for example.

Re: John Terry

Our bid could also be used to try and make Moyes realise that he could be left with a very unhappy Joleon.

Joleon no doubt wants to leave as he would treble his 35k a week salary.

n_mcfc said:

Apart from Robinho, all our other signings have come to the club, it seems, to be part of a team that is going to progress, win things, put pressure on the top 4 and be successful. Terry's already on a huge wage at Chelsea, already won the league twice and other honours, England captain etc. He's pretty much in one of the best positions any player could be in. If he comes to us, it would be purely money based and he would see it as an easy way to retire after already winning numerous trophies. He's a brilliant defender, no doubt, but I really hope he doesn't come to our club, as it would be purely purely based on money and nothing else and I for one don't want a team full of these type of players. I want Hughes to sign players HE thinks will benefit the club as well as the team, i.e. Santa Cruz, Barry, De Jong, Given. All of these players want to win things. Barry and Given have no major honours for example.

agree mate, I don't want him

Re: Terry misses testimonial due to unforeseen circumstances

I aint gonna read too much into Terry not turning out for this testimonial. At 1st I thought it was an official Chelsea pre-season game, but it sounds more like Terry was doing a mate a favour by allowing his name to be added to a Select XI team sheet to put bums on seats! By all accounts, half the players who were suppoesed to be playing didn't turn out either and none of them had anywhere near the profile of the current England captain.

Can you seriously imagine Chelsea allowing Terry to play in this match and risk injury whether or not he was about to be sold? Absolutely no way. I also agree though that there's no smoke without fire. Personally I can't stand any of that Chelsea lot which has more to do with my deep dislike of Mourinho, but I wouldn't mind half their team especially Essien over at our place.

This will be played in 2 ways:

1, Terry is using our interest to increase his wages and improve his current Chelsea contract.

2, As reported, he has become disillusioned at Chelsea and fancies a new challenge with the important emphasis being on him getting DOUBLE his current wage and a fat signing on fee!

We can all enjoy speculating and dreaming of what may or may not be, but we'll only know the full script if & when his work clothes are a lighter shade of blue. Just enjoy the ride in the meantime!!!

CTID

BibbyBlue85 said:
right ok so we re all making something out of nothing then?

No mate.

Basically Spursmad told us last week that we were after JT and low and behold a few days later the bid was rejected. The manner of Chelsea's statement provoked some thoughts from us on here. JT has not come out and said he doesn't want to come and he was supposed to be at a Testimonial at Yeovil tonight but withdrew due to unforseen circumstances. Make of it what you will but i personally think theres alot more to come from this

My thoughts too mate.

n_mcfc said:

Agree with most of what you say but he is world class and unfortunately at this moment our money is our biggest draw. Even if he did come for the money he is a big step up from what we have defensively and he is a natural born winner which we need imo

Re: John Terry

spamalot said:
Our bid could also be used to try and make Moyes realise that he could be left with a very unhappy Joleon.

Joleon no doubt wants to leave as he would treble his 35k a week salary.

And he wouldn't have to play in a chip shop stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.