John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

BibbyBlue85 said:
n_mcfc said:
Hope we don't get him. Despise the fucker.

Apart from Robinho, all our other signings have come to the club, it seems, to be part of a team that is going to progress, win things, put pressure on the top 4 and be successful. Terry's already on a huge wage at Chelsea, already won the league twice and other honours, England captain etc. He's pretty much in one of the best positions any player could be in. If he comes to us, it would be purely money based and he would see it as an easy way to retire after already winning numerous trophies. He's a brilliant defender, no doubt, but I really hope he doesn't come to our club, as it would be purely purely based on money and nothing else and I for one don't want a team full of these type of players. I want Hughes to sign players HE thinks will benefit the club as well as the team, i.e. Santa Cruz, Barry, De Jong, Given. All of these players want to win things. Barry and Given have no major honours for example.

Agree with most of what you say but he is world class and unfortunately at this moment our money is our biggest draw. Even if he did come for the money he is a big step up from what we have defensively and he is a natural born winner which we need imo

Yes, but surely we could go and sign another world class defender who wants to be at a club like us? It doesn't have to be Terry. I hope it isn't Terry. Lescott for example would be a better signing. Cheaper, good attitude, ambitious, versatile and more potential than Terry. I'm sure we could list 10 defenders we'd rather sign that JT to play alongside Nedum.

Re: Terry misses testimonial due to unforeseen circumstances

clairepartyring said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
Time to sit back, relax and watch as history unfolds!

It is going to unfold very quickly in the next ccouple of weeks.

Grr, you can't say that! Typical woman, always leaving the blokes hanging. :P

blueking said:
Typical, because you don't agree you can only resort to insults. England with or without Terry will meet their Waterloo in S Africa, not pessimism but realism.

Think team not fantasy, Terry is not for us. Lescott is a better bet in my view, but I guess you will ridicule that also.

What are ABBA re-forming for the world cup?!! ;-)

n_mcfc said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
n_mcfc said:

Apart from Robinho, all our other signings have come to the club, it seems, to be part of a team that is going to progress, win things, put pressure on the top 4 and be successful. Terry's already on a huge wage at Chelsea, already won the league twice and other honours, England captain etc. He's pretty much in one of the best positions any player could be in. If he comes to us, it would be purely money based and he would see it as an easy way to retire after already winning numerous trophies. He's a brilliant defender, no doubt, but I really hope he doesn't come to our club, as it would be purely purely based on money and nothing else and I for one don't want a team full of these type of players. I want Hughes to sign players HE thinks will benefit the club as well as the team, i.e. Santa Cruz, Barry, De Jong, Given. All of these players want to win things. Barry and Given have no major honours for example.

Agree with most of what you say but he is world class and unfortunately at this moment our money is our biggest draw. Even if he did come for the money he is a big step up from what we have defensively and he is a natural born winner which we need imo

Yes, but surely we could go and sign another world class defender who wants to be at a club like us? It doesn't have to be Terry. I hope it isn't Terry. Lescott for example would be a better signing. Cheaper, good attitude, ambitious, versatile and more potential than Terry. I'm sure we could list 10 defenders we'd rather sign that JT to play alongside Nedum.

but which ones are available...... Terry may be available if the unrest rumors are true

and in we maybe after his winner mentality and leadership ability as well

News of the World reporting... Chelsea have told Terry to put in a transfer request. They are not happy that he hasn't ruled out a move to City

MCFC-alan88 said:
clairepartyring said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
Time to sit back, relax and watch as history unfolds!

It is going to unfold very quickly in the next ccouple of weeks.

Grr, you can't say that! Typical woman, always leaving the blokes hanging. :P

:)

n_mcfc said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
n_mcfc said:

But on top of a top defender, what you have to consider is the impact it would have to buy John Terry.

He is one of the "Sky 4 players". He is the England Captain. He is Mr. Chelsea.

If we signed him, it would send shockwaves around the world.

Plus, when was the last time the F.A. gave a hard time to a club that had the England Captain?

Think about it...

levets said:
News of the World reporting... Chelsea have told Terry to put in a transfer request. They are not happy that he hasn't ruled out a move to City

Enough said..

mikeylad222 said:
levets said:

Enough said..

First to report the Barry transfer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.