John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

Richie said:
A couple of weeks ago, somebody on here suggested that ADUG's stratergy mirrored a famous book called 'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu - an instruction book on stratergy used by successful Generals at times of war. Intrigued, I bought a copy off Amazon this week and have just started to read it.

What has struck me is in the section 'Waging War'.

In it, Sun Tzu suggests 'a wise General makes a point of foraging on the enemy - one cartload of the enemy's provisions is equivalent to twenty of one's own'.

My interpretation of this (and you may disagree) is that if you take your enemy's assets, you not only strengthen yourself, but weaken your enemy and the benefit is multiplied.

Take that philosophy into our supposed transfer dealings this summer and consider who are our strongest rivals for a top 6 / top 4 finish? Also, consider which members of their squads are seen as integral to their success:

Aston Villa - Gareth Barry?
Everton - Lescott?
Chelsea - John Terry?
Arsenal - Kolo Toure?

That just leaves the scum and the dippers - bids for Rooney/Wio/Gerrard/Torres next?

Just a thought...........

Erm how about a little someone called Tevez from the scum.

Thank you...............Why didn't I think of those words
Told you I was Mr Thicko!

gaudinhos stolen car said:
Laugh my ass off, piss myself laughing. wtf? stfu btw.

Theres one that i dont know what it means, STFU??

bluemoon05 said:
Richie said:
A couple of weeks ago, somebody on here suggested that ADUG's stratergy mirrored a famous book called 'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu - an instruction book on stratergy used by successful Generals at times of war. Intrigued, I bought a copy off Amazon this week and have just started to read it.

What has struck me is in the section 'Waging War'.

In it, Sun Tzu suggests 'a wise General makes a point of foraging on the enemy - one cartload of the enemy's provisions is equivalent to twenty of one's own'.

My interpretation of this (and you may disagree) is that if you take your enemy's assets, you not only strengthen yourself, but weaken your enemy and the benefit is multiplied.

Take that philosophy into our supposed transfer dealings this summer and consider who are our strongest rivals for a top 6 / top 4 finish? Also, consider which members of their squads are seen as integral to their success:

Aston Villa - Gareth Barry?
Everton - Lescott?
Chelsea - John Terry?
Arsenal - Kolo Toure?

That just leaves the scum and the dippers - bids for Rooney/Wio/Gerrard/Torres next?

Just a thought...........

Erm how about a little someone called Tevez from the scum.

Yes, this makes sense. But Sun Tzu also said "Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness," which sounds like an excuse for Micah to be out of position in our formation.

can someone who got the PM from Bojinov The Bull send it me please ??

i logged off at 5pm yesterday and just trawled through about 40 pages, i'm fucking excited !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.