John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

If we do get him, can't wait for all the Chelsea fans to say he went for the money. Just like the Liverpool fans will say if torres goes to United (just for a sec assuming today's rumour is true). You can argue about history and recent silverware as much as you like but the top 4 have thrown massive contracts and major money about for years. If the dumb ass masses following the non-top 4 can't see that the top 4 are now being made to see how it feels on the other side then that's their loss.

We are hated because we are now (or will soon be) the biggest bully now so there's no convincing other fans but we know what it was like to lose SWP and others simply to survive. It won't make those fans feel any better to know that we have been in their shoes for many a year and it sucked. But when you strip away the jealousy and high and mightiness they'd love to be paying back the big 4 in just the same manner. I want JT just to piss off Chelsea, Tevez to piss off United, Alonso to piss off Liverpool and Clichy to piss off Arsenal. I love it!!!

BibbyBlue85 said:
ShaunyWrightWright said:
Ned is in my center of defense next season. Maybe one day he can be captain of the side like Terry is to Chelsea, this just seems wrong all the way around, but I guess we're all in for whoever will come now it seems.

Not at all mate, When someone like Terry (natural born winner, England Captain, Immense leader) is linked with us then it is a huge shock and one that gets the juices flowing. Ned's is going to be a great defender and future City captain in the future but imo at the moment you cannot compare Terry to Ned's. Terry is the ideal person for Ned's to learn from so we win both ways if we get Terry because we will have a great CB now and in the future with Ned's

Just a little hesitant Terry wants a big pay day, even though he is already on an immense salary. If he lays out publicly he wants to come for the right reasons, I feel like it would go a long way to quell a lot of fears.

Pam said:
Chelsea are on record as saying there has been a formal change to their recruitment strategy and their salary structure and there will be no exceptions. City have no such limitations. And because the Chelsea squad is old and they
can't afford to find the absolute best as replacements any more. They are not a spent force but their squad is not good enough to win the league. Perhaps we should think twice before giving them a chunk of money.

We have made multimillion bids for the likes of David Villa,Alexandre Pato and Franck Ribery, which proves that we've got money for the right players.

Unlike City, we don't need to keep spending enormous amounts of money every summer because we already have a world class squad.

I'm not sure about our squad being not good enough to win the league but you should be more concerned about breaking into the Europa League first before passing judgment on the clubs above you in the pecking order.

Take Essien, Terry and Cech out of your team and your Euro Vase fodder pal.

bobrivers said:
Pam said:
Chelsea are on record as saying there has been a formal change to their recruitment strategy and their salary structure and there will be no exceptions. City have no such limitations. And because the Chelsea squad is old and they
can't afford to find the absolute best as replacements any more. They are not a spent force but their squad is not good enough to win the league. Perhaps we should think twice before giving them a chunk of money.

We have made multimillion bids for the likes of David Villa,Alexandre Pato and Franck Ribery, which proves that we've got money for the right players.

Unlike City, we don't need to keep spending enormous amounts of money every summer because we already have a world class squad.

I'm not sure about our squad being not good enough to win the league but you should be more concerned about breaking into the Europa League first before passing judgment on the clubs above you in the pecking order.

You've spent about 500m so far. We are only 1/5 into that dont forget.

bobrivers said:
Pam said:

Errrrrrrmmm, Every summer??? Its our first summer with our new owners.

There's a shandy at the bar for you me old cockerneeee

bobrivers said:
Pam said:

What was it like to be the richest team ?, just need to know how to be able to cope for the coming years.

bobrivers said:
Pam said:

Summer Transfers 2008
In:
Jose Bosingwa (£16.2m, Porto)
Deco (£7m, Barcelona)
Fabio Paim (loan, Sporting)

January Transfers 2008
In:
Franco Di Santo (£3.4m, Audax Italiano)
Branislav Ivanovic (£9m, Lokomotiv Moscow)
Nicolas Anelka (£15m, Bolton)

Summer Transfers 2007
In:
Tal Ben Haim (Bolton, free)
Steve Sidwell (Reading, free)
Juliano Belletti (Barcelona, 5m)
Rodrigo Alex (PSV Eindhoven, free)
Danny Philiskirk (Oldham, undisclosed)
Claudio Pizarro (Bayern Munich, free)
Florent Malouda (Lyon, £13.5m)
Jacob Mellis (Sheffield United, £1.3m)

Summer Transfers 2006
In:
Andriy Shevchenko (AC Milan, undisclosed)
Michael Ballack (Bayern Munich, free)
Salomon Kalou (Feyenoord, undisclosed)
Luiz Paulo Hilario (Nacional, free)
Khalid Boulahrouz (Hamburg, undisclosed)
John Obi Mikel (Lyn Oslo, £16million)
Wayne Bridge (Fulham, loan return)
Ashley Cole (Arsenal, £5m plus player exchange)

That's all after you did your big spending to. Many of those undisclosed will be north of £30m

Garry.Cook said:
I'm quite sure that the papers talk 95% crap but the common opinion is that we are prepared to give him £300,000 per week! I know we have billionaire owners but I am starting to feel a bit queasy at these amounts in that every new player we're linked with is 'rumoured' to be earning £50,000 a week more than the last one.

I understand that at our stage of development money is a massive incentive to join us but if these stories are true then I am really worried about how this might work out.

Just my opinion but I think now we should be aiming for the same calibre of player, but one who is willing to play for us because they have seen our new signings (including Tevez and Eto'o hopefully) and would accept a MASSIVE performance/league position bonus at certain stages in the season. Getting these players on a 5yr £80M contract seems a little risky and likely to lure moneygrabbers rather than people willing to put sweat on the blue shirt!

Despite this, still VERY excited about what's happening and hopeing to god all of these signings go through, we keep a big, strong, happy squad and keep focussed and determined on getting a good league finish (5th or better)

You answered your own question. The pay will not be 300k per week. I'm not ITK but I think it's safe to assume that City want to keep players like robinho, Ireland, Barry, etc happy. Remember we had to sit down for quite a time with Ireland to sort out his contract - he loves City yet he needed to be "shown the money". It's only common sense. Players will allow for certain amount of pay-scale deviance based on age, experience, marketing pull, fitness history, etc but there's a limit. Our management team aren't stupid - they know how far they can push the weekly wage and I'm sure it'll be no-where near 300k.

That said I wouldn't be surprised to hear JT made 300k or more when sponsorship etc are figured in but that's a different story. In summary the press twist the numbers at best and straight forward lie more often when it comes to salaries. They haven't a clue what any player is on IMO.

Daz_Blue said:
bobrivers said:
Pam said:

What was it like to be the richest team ?, just need to know how to be able to cope for the coming years.

How would they know ... anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.