John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

He does talk sense alot of the time one of the few journos that do.

Reading that its just so obvious this is never going to happen....Chelsea would rather bench him in world cup year than see us take the piss like this. Thats another consideration though the fact we are running up to a wolrd cup and not wanting to change pace or enviroment at such an important stage of his career.

When it comes down to it they will offer him a load more money and he will stay IMO....

Come on guys, we all know this aint going to happen.

I would rather have Lescott for 15 mill.

alera said:

Reading that its just so obvious this is never going to happen....Chelsea would rather bench him in world cup year than see us take the piss like this. Thats another consideration though the fact we are running up to a wolrd cup and not wanting to change pace or enviroment at such an important stage of his career.

When it comes down to it they will offer him a load more money and he will stay IMO....

Not if he wants to go. They won't bench him....never works, just causes disruption.

alera said:

disagree, abramovich is counting his pennies, and ancelotti may well like the idea of making a break with the past. 40m, and getting rid of the top earner will do very nicely. there is clearly an interest in the move on terry's part, forget all that bollocks about changing pace. i have this one down as 60/40 in favour of it happening, but it could drag on for a while yet.

Cobwebcat said:
alera said:

Not if he wants to go. They won't bench him....never works, just causes disruption.

This ^. Ronaldinho at Barca was a perfect example.

sure they wouldnt bench him....just ask Winston Bogarde if Chelski do that!

Also ask Danny Mills,TBH,Didi Hamann and Darius Vassell,Michael Ball and anyone else that spoke against Hughes in December.

Oh and ask Joey Barton...

Yea true about bench would be crazy with the money we are offering as well. Seriously though I can’t see it happening hope it does but it would be a pretty seismic shift in power if we pulled this off.

In terms of our league its bigger than is getting ETO....Everyone knows him Captain of one of the best sides in the league. ENglands captain. This is a big deal to chelsea that fans will go fucking ballistic if they let him go....

We have timed this for maximum damage as well with Carlo having his first press conference tomorrow – not what they will hjave wanted.

Anyone else think this is part of bad blood over Sturidge and Tevez as well.

The hole think smacks of a pissing contest to be honest. The sheiks seem intent on going toe to toe with Chelsea, almost deliberately going after them with thsee deals trying to prove a point….

Hey Bob didnt you used to get 8,000 in the old div2? Or was you a Fulham fan then?

alera said:
Yea true about bench would be crazy with the money we are offering as well. Seriously though I can’t see it happening hope it does but it would be a pretty seismic shift in power if we pulled this off.

In terms of our league its bigger than is getting ETO....Everyone knows him Captain of one of the best sides in the league. ENglands captain. This is a big deal to chelsea that fans will go fucking ballistic if they let him go....

We have timed this for maximum damage as well with Carlo having his first press conference tomorrow – not what they will hjave wanted.

Anyone else think this is part of bad blood over Sturidge and Tevez as well.

The hole think smacks of a pissing contest to be honest. The sheiks seem intent on going toe to toe with Chelsea, almost deliberately going after them with thsee deals trying to prove a point….

I don't think the owners are bothered with pissing contests. I think us fans are delighted if we make Chelsea or others sit up but I honestly think we are simply after the players Hughes (and ADUG) think fit the bill, i.e winning attitudes, good trainers, top level players in the positions we are looking to fill, available or at least willing to sit down and talk, good draws for the punters, etc. I do think they want to make a statement but by signing players not by playing games in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.