John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

bobrivers said:
Pam said:
Chelsea are on record as saying there has been a formal change to their recruitment strategy and their salary structure and there will be no exceptions. City have no such limitations. And because the Chelsea squad is old and they
can't afford to find the absolute best as replacements any more. They are not a spent force but their squad is not good enough to win the league. Perhaps we should think twice before giving them a chunk of money.

We have made multimillion bids for the likes of David Villa,Alexandre Pato and Franck Ribery, which proves that we've got money for the right players.

Unlike City, we don't need to keep spending enormous amounts of money every summer because we already have a world class squad.

I'm not sure about our squad being not good enough to win the league but you should be more concerned about breaking into the Europa League first before passing judgment on the clubs above you in the pecking order.

Look at these small club in fulham fans getting their knickers in a twist! And coming on bluemoon, wow you really must feel threatened.

bobrivers said:
Pam said:
Chelsea are on record as saying there has been a formal change to their recruitment strategy and their salary structure and there will be no exceptions. City have no such limitations. And because the Chelsea squad is old and they
can't afford to find the absolute best as replacements any more. They are not a spent force but their squad is not good enough to win the league. Perhaps we should think twice before giving them a chunk of money.

We have made multimillion bids for the likes of David Villa,Alexandre Pato and Franck Ribery, which proves that we've got money for the right players.

Unlike City, we don't need to keep spending enormous amounts of money every summer because we already have a world class squad.

I'm not sure about our squad being not good enough to win the league but you should be more concerned about breaking into the Europa League first before passing judgment on the clubs above you in the pecking order.
Thats because you had allready spent enormous amounts of money to get you where you are ffs.l

TonyM said:
Garry.Cook said:
I'm quite sure that the papers talk 95% crap but the common opinion is that we are prepared to give him £300,000 per week! I know we have billionaire owners but I am starting to feel a bit queasy at these amounts in that every new player we're linked with is 'rumoured' to be earning £50,000 a week more than the last one.

I understand that at our stage of development money is a massive incentive to join us but if these stories are true then I am really worried about how this might work out.

Just my opinion but I think now we should be aiming for the same calibre of player, but one who is willing to play for us because they have seen our new signings (including Tevez and Eto'o hopefully) and would accept a MASSIVE performance/league position bonus at certain stages in the season. Getting these players on a 5yr £80M contract seems a little risky and likely to lure moneygrabbers rather than people willing to put sweat on the blue shirt!

Despite this, still VERY excited about what's happening and hopeing to god all of these signings go through, we keep a big, strong, happy squad and keep focussed and determined on getting a good league finish (5th or better)

You answered your own question. The pay will not be 300k per week. I'm not ITK but I think it's safe to assume that City want to keep players like robinho, Ireland, Barry, etc happy. Remember we had to sit down for quite a time with Ireland to sort out his contract - he loves City yet he needed to be "shown the money". It's only common sense. Players will allow for certain amount of pay-scale deviance based on age, experience, marketing pull, fitness history, etc but there's a limit. Our management team aren't stupid - they know how far they can push the weekly wage and I'm sure it'll be no-where near 300k.

That said I wouldn't be surprised to hear JT made 300k or more when sponsorship etc are figured in but that's a different story. In summary the press twist the numbers at best and straight forward lie more often when it comes to salaries. They haven't a clue what any player is on IMO.

Don't underestimate the role of Umbro in this, especially now they are owned by Nike. Mr Cook might have a fair bit of influence here.

look, obviously we will be doing extremely well if we are finish anywhere near chelsea next season, but difference between city and chelsea this summer is city are getting their targets.

Solihull Samba Boys said:
TonyM said:
Garry.Cook said:
I'm quite sure that the papers talk 95% crap but the common opinion is that we are prepared to give him £300,000 per week! I know we have billionaire owners but I am starting to feel a bit queasy at these amounts in that every new player we're linked with is 'rumoured' to be earning £50,000 a week more than the last one.

I understand that at our stage of development money is a massive incentive to join us but if these stories are true then I am really worried about how this might work out.

Just my opinion but I think now we should be aiming for the same calibre of player, but one who is willing to play for us because they have seen our new signings (including Tevez and Eto'o hopefully) and would accept a MASSIVE performance/league position bonus at certain stages in the season. Getting these players on a 5yr £80M contract seems a little risky and likely to lure moneygrabbers rather than people willing to put sweat on the blue shirt!

Despite this, still VERY excited about what's happening and hopeing to god all of these signings go through, we keep a big, strong, happy squad and keep focussed and determined on getting a good league finish (5th or better)

You answered your own question. The pay will not be 300k per week. I'm not ITK but I think it's safe to assume that City want to keep players like robinho, Ireland, Barry, etc happy. Remember we had to sit down for quite a time with Ireland to sort out his contract - he loves City yet he needed to be "shown the money". It's only common sense. Players will allow for certain amount of pay-scale deviance based on age, experience, marketing pull, fitness history, etc but there's a limit. Our management team aren't stupid - they know how far they can push the weekly wage and I'm sure it'll be no-where near 300k.

That said I wouldn't be surprised to hear JT made 300k or more when sponsorship etc are figured in but that's a different story. In summary the press twist the numbers at best and straight forward lie more often when it comes to salaries. They haven't a clue what any player is on IMO.

Don't underestimate the role of Umbro in this, especially now they are owned by Nike. Mr Cook might have a fair bit of influence here.
Didn't Cookie used to be an Executive in the Nike co-operation ?

TheRevolution said:
TonyM said:
Garry.Cook said:

yeah he sorted out tiger woods contract

ssn quoting a red tops back page (the sun i think)

Terry yours for £40m

TheRevolution said:
TonyM said:
Garry.Cook said:

Indeed he did. Built the 'Air Jordan' footwear brand basically from scratch. The guy clearly knows how to work with big name sportsmen.

THERE was only one subject occupying the minds of the football-loving holidaymakers relaxing at the Jumeirah Beach complex last week.

The news Manchester City boss Mark Hughes and Chelsea star John Terry were in residence.

Could it be Sparky was trying to pull out an amazing transfer coup by moving in for the man dubbed Mr Chelsea?

Speculation raged on the terraces — the cocktail terraces that is — as various sightings were reported of the two men.

JT was staying at Dubai’s Beit Al Bahar in a villa described on the hotel website as a ‘breathtaking precious jewel which upholds the highest standards of traditional hospitality and promises a magical stay’.

Hughes was virtually next door at Dar Al Masyaf in an exclusive gulf summer house.

Days after their stay, stories broke of City’s £30million bid for the England captain and that it had been rejected by Chelsea.

The Brits on holiday were stunned to find there was substance in their gossip. Hughes really wanted the Blues centre-back.

Sun reader Jason Dyer, from Hertfordshire, said: “They were both at Jumeirah at the same time, no doubt about it.

“The place was buzzing about the fact they were there. As soon as we got to the resort everyone was talking about it.

“Then we saw Terry in the restaurant and gardens and Hughes at breakfast.

“We were having a laugh about whether Hughes would be signing Terry and came home to discover City had made a bid. It was amazing.”

Chelsea suspect Terry, 28, had been approached by people close to City before the Eastlands outfit made their official move.

City were said to have ‘done their homework thoroughly’ on the JT situation and received enough encouragement to pursue their target.

The Blues rejected last week’s approach out of hand but sources believe the chase is not over and that City will be back with another offer Despite the fact Terry is known as Mr Chelsea, he is interested in a switch to City and heartened by the unwavering faith Hughes has in him.

Advertisement

City are ready to offer the talismanic centre-back a £300,000-a-week, five-year deal worth almost £80m before tax.

While Chelsea insist Terry is not for sale, privately they are considering a sale if City come up with a £45m fee.

Even then Terry will have to put in a transfer request as the Blues and owner Roman Abramovich do not want to be seen to be forcing their skipper out.

Hughes needs a leader and a man he can totally trust if City are to break into the Premier League top four and become one of Europe’s biggest clubs.

For his part, JT does not know where he stands with new boss Carlo Ancelotti.

Terry, who made the first of his 405 Chelsea appearances in 1998, has been the top man at the Bridge for years.

He is the one player his team-mates turn to and provides the link to the board. But he may not have the same working relationship with Ancelotti as he has had with previous managers.

Ancelotti holds his first Press conference today since taking charge. Questions about Terry’s future will be top of the agenda.

Holly tapping up batman !

Reading into it they have obviously sounded him out and he is up for it otherwise the offer would not have been made. Still thiink his back is fucked and we could get 2 players just as good for what he would cost. £40 million and £300k a week would get us Lescott, Toure and £10 million change.

That said our generous owners obviously fancy him for their premier league collector series. If they want John Terry for their fantasy football project who am I to argue.

Fuck it at the end of the day its there money they can do what they want with it. If they are happy to pay it I would be very happy to have him at city !

Still dont think it will happen - I cant see any circumstances chelsea would let this go through he is that important to them but its a facinating twist thats for sure !

Seriously we are going to piss off every big club in europe by the time they are finished.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.