John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

Reading a few articles it seems if we get Terry we wont go after Lescott. I think this is a msitake if its true. I think Lescott would be just as good a signing if not more important as he can cover left back as well.

Also if we get someone like terry the rest of our back 4 starts to look a bit shit especially the right back position....

Surely the whole idea is we get 2 world class centre backs ?

alera said:
Reading a few articles it seems if we get Terry we wont go after Lescott. I think this is a msitake if its true. I think Lescott would be just as good a signing if not more important as he can cover left back as well.

Also if we get someone like terry the rest of our back 4 starts to look a bit shit especially the right back position....

dunno where you've got that from, we're definitely on course to get lescott sooner or later, regardless of terry

bizzbo said:
alera said:
He does talk sense alot of the time one of the few journos that do.

Reading that its just so obvious this is never going to happen....Chelsea would rather bench him in world cup year than see us take the piss like this. Thats another consideration though the fact we are running up to a wolrd cup and not wanting to change pace or enviroment at such an important stage of his career.

When it comes down to it they will offer him a load more money and he will stay IMO....

disagree, abramovich is counting his pennies, and ancelotti may well like the idea of making a break with the past. 40m, and getting rid of the top earner will do very nicely. there is clearly an interest in the move on terry's part, forget all that bollocks about changing pace. i have this one down as 60/40 in favour of it happening, but it could drag on for a while yet.

Some people are never going to be convinced until it's done, which is fair enough, but there are people round here who are bigging up Chelski into something they are not. We've beaten them to Robinho, we've beaten them to Tevez and they are making no secret of the fact that they can't outbid City. If anything, Chelski's hold on the top four is shakier than the other three. They've openly admitted that they're struggling with the (stupidly named) credit crunch and they are changing managers every give minutes, which is never a good sign and speaking of managers, their latest choice of is mystifying in the extreme and Abromovich's issues with good judgement are only getting worse. Why has he appointed a manager who doesn't speak the language and openly admits to not knowing very much about English football. They tried that last year, for Christ's sake, and it was a disaster. What is this time warp refusal that people have to believe that Chelsea have more pulling power than City. They don't!

alera said:

Who says?

Pam said:
bizzbo said:
alera said:
He does talk sense alot of the time one of the few journos that do.

Reading that its just so obvious this is never going to happen....Chelsea would rather bench him in world cup year than see us take the piss like this. Thats another consideration though the fact we are running up to a wolrd cup and not wanting to change pace or enviroment at such an important stage of his career.

When it comes down to it they will offer him a load more money and he will stay IMO....

disagree, abramovich is counting his pennies, and ancelotti may well like the idea of making a break with the past. 40m, and getting rid of the top earner will do very nicely. there is clearly an interest in the move on terry's part, forget all that bollocks about changing pace. i have this one down as 60/40 in favour of it happening, but it could drag on for a while yet.

Some people are never going to be convinced until it's done, which is fair enough, but there are people round here who are bigging up Chelski into something they are not. We've beaten them to Robinho, we've beaten them to Tevez and they are making no secret of the fact that they can't outbid City. If anything, Chelski's hold on the top four is shakier than the other three. They've openly admitted that they're struggling with the (stupidly named) credit crunch and they are changing managers every give minutes, which is never a good sign and speaking of managers, their latest choice of is mystifying in the extreme and Abromovich's issues with good judgement are only getting worse. Why has he appointed a manager who doesn't speak the language and openly admits to not knowing very much about English football. They tried that last year, for Christ's sake, and it was a disaster. What is this time warp refusal that people have to believe that Chelsea have more pulling power than City. They don't!

Abramovich blew it by making a big play over cutting costs and not investing in the squad for two years. People are now wondering whether Chelsea have already peaked. Even if he feels like splashing the cash this summer, the perception is out there, the question remains how committed he is to the club. not that anyone thinks he's walking away, but, maybe he's not going to spend enough to keep them at the level they've been at for the last 3/4 years. added to which, the ground is just not up to the standards of the best clubs in europe.

alera said:

He wants both.

california blue said:
na - we'll go for both - pretty awesome attacking from pieces if we have terry and lescott with richards and barry whipping the crosses in

Not sure whetever you have been following last season but Micah won't be whipping any crosses in. Best he can hope to do is to run the ball close to a corner flag (if he can run unopposed) and then pass it to the right winger. Micah is a great prospect but he's not technically gifted.

Understand your comment but i meant barry whipping in the cross and our spit roast champ on the end of them. Also im not a F'ing yank like you think i am. Im born and bred in stretford (unfortunately)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.