John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

The who is the bigger club argument is boring and if city fans think about it then clearly at the moment chelsea win the argument. I doubt many players look back to the 1970's and beyond to find out how many trophies each club won, they are interested in the last 10 years max and in reality they are more interested in the future plans and how much they will get paid.

While chelsea have had a successful past 10 years i look at them and see them in need of serious replenishment in the next few years. They have an old squad and unless RA decides that he is willing to blow another 400 million and replace the ageing players (Carvalho, Cole, Terry, Lampard, Ballack, Deco, Drogba, Anelka and probably a few others are 29 or over) and create a new squad then i can see us overtaking them. The average age of our team is much lower and our owners are willing to put in the investment in a similar fashion as RA did when he originally took over at the bridge where as the plan at chelsea was to become self sustainable within the next few years and to not have to rely on RA money so much. Whilst clubs like United, Liverpool and Arsenal will always be able to attract players due to their recent successful history and larger fansbases there is always an opportunity for a club that recieves huge financial investment to challenge these teams, be it chelsea a few years ago, us now or whoever else is fortunate to be bought by billionaires in the next few years.

It is a cycle and in my opinion we are following a similar path to the one chelsea have already taken. They bought up plenty of the best players from other English clubs (Duff, Parker, SWP, Cole vs Given, Barry, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Lescott?) and also came close to poaching a few of the big stars from the established sides (Rio, Gerrard vs Terry, Tevez) who many thought were unattainable. Its an aggressive strategy that is unlikely to make the club popular but I would rather be hated and win some things than be where we have been for the past 20 years and watch as the next billionaires come in and splash the cash on another club.

mcfc_die_hard said:
OOOOOH WOW its only just hit me how much i want this transfer to happen.

Am just watching SSN and Ancelotti's pc and the way his fat smug head said i am joking and city will never get him i naturally like to joke. Fuck off you fat twat and please JT just make this fat cnut look like the ultimate biggest tosser i have ever seen and hand in a transfer request !!!!!!! What have you got left to do at chelsea i know you will be coming and ready for a new challenge and leave those silly cockney twats to eat there words !

Youre a chamer you eh ?

riley347 said:
reckon ancellotti,s been told to come out with this "CAPTAIN FOREVER/going nowhere/no price" crap to heap all the onus on JT....i.e.- if you want to leave,you tell em.......that way JT will look the tw*t......

ancelloti is full of shit and doesnt seem to know what he is on about any way. He said the had signed zhirkov, when infact they havent at all, they have agreed a deal but have not yet signed the player.

the terry story has a long way to go yet

When it comes to JT, the one thing you can't deny - regardless of what you think of him as a player - is that he's a leader, a captain - the one thing our club has been sadly lacking for a good few years. Someone who can motivate the players and kick their arses in games like the Forest cup game last year. And with Barry, Tevez (hopefully) even Robbie and Ireland - we have players all over the pitch now who cam do that - but Terry could be the driving force who pushes us to the next stage of our development.

dario2739 said:
When it comes to JT, the one thing you can't deny - regardless of what you think of him as a player - is that he's a leader, a captain - the one thing our club has been sadly lacking for a good few years. Someone who can motivate the players and kick their arses in games like the Forest cup game last year. And with Barry, Tevez (hopefully) even Robbie and Ireland - we have players all over the pitch now who cam do that - but Terry could be the driving force who pushes us to the next stage of our development.

this

John Terry come out and said anything yet?

No!

Good!!

Thats it back your new manager up! Not!

Or is your new manager going to be Mark Hughes!

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Thats it back your new manager up! Not!

Or is your new manager going to be Mark Hughes!

His manager only commented on the situation this morning

Apologies if this has already been reported but Times Online are now saying that we are bidding 40 million for JT...the comments from some Chelsea fans suggest that he should go for that amount. Personally, if we do get him, I suspect that it will cost 50 million but, in my view, he is a better investment than Tranny for his leadership qualities alone.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article6643444.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 643444.ece</a>

[quote="Johnny Tabasco
Yeah it was the stand he helped finance , it was renamed his stand after he died.

Harding was popular with fans because he was one of us, he used to drink with the fans and travel with them to games, he was seen as a rival to the unpopular Bates and Bates saw him as a threat and and tried to limit his influence.

Honestly, there was no 'bankrolling' of anything.[/quote]

Harding bought the freehold on the ground; and pumped in tens of millions in interest-free loans to finish the new North Stand and pay for player transfers.

Just Google Matthew Harding investments/ bank-rolled etc and look at the articles. e.g. ''Unsatisfied by the failures of John Hollins, Bobby Campbell, Ian Porterfield
and David Webb to transform the fortunes of the club, Bates appointed Glenn
Hoddle as manager in 1993 and a mediocre Premiership club began ascending
the table.

Hoddle's Chelsea reached the FA Cup final in 1994 and further success,
funded by Matthew Harding's cash, followed under Ruud Gullit and Gianluca
Vialli.''

Without Matthew Harding mate Chelsea were going nowhere fast.

And by the way by all accounts he was a 'diamond geezer'. RIP.

On the matter of a bigger ground then yes you might get bigger crowds now on the back of deacdes of investment and success. But try comparing unsuccessful Chelsea crowds to unsuccessful City crowds and you have to admit that Chelsea's fan base was never anywhere near the size of City's.[/quote]

Mate he invested nothing into team affairs. He paid for the stand and helped with existing debts. Its very simple. Really not sure what site you have got that from. It really is a myth he bankrolled Chelsea and one i have never heard before coming onto this forum.

When did i claim Chelseas fanbase was bigger than citys ?[/quote]

Independent, Saturday, 30 March 1996
Chelsea go into tomorrow's FA Cup semi-final against Manchester United with a new vice-chairman, whose personal stake in the Stamford Bridge club is now the equivalent of a jackpot lottery win -pounds 26.5m.

Matthew Harding's step-up from director to become No 2 to the chairman, Ken Bates, looks to have ended a bitter public feud that had prompted the Chelsea manager, Glenn Hoddle, to delay signing a new contract.

Bates and Harding are now confident that Hoddle will stay after burying their differences on the back of the club's listing on the Alternative Investment Market, which could bring in pounds 30m over the next five years and make Chelsea the "Manchester United of the South".

Bates was "happy to reaffirm his original belief" that he views Harding as his successor. He added: "This has involved Matthew Harding in a further capital investment on an almost unprecedented scale - his total commitment is now pounds 26.5m."

For his money, Harding also gets to chair a committee responsible for playing affairs, including contracts and transfers

;-)

Jamie Rednapp just on SSN.

Basically saying in his experience no smoke without fire - as far as he is concerned Terry or his people have spoken to city and said they are interested otherwise no offer would have been made.

He doesnt think he will come at the end of the day but with so much money......said its not the end of it by far.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.