John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Terry - it looks on?

I am probably wrong but I get the feeling that maybe Chelsea actually want to sell Terry. It is starting to sound to me like the Eto'o situation where Laporta kept saying how much he wanted him to stay but doing everything possible to make sure he didn't.

If Chelsea wanted to keep Terry, why come out and say he won't be getting a new contract. Surely that can only serve to piss him off. Also why break the news of our bid? Why not just reject it privately and move on. Putting it on their official site was a strange move. The only reason I can think of for it is so that if he goes the blame is deflected away from the club and onto the player.

I think they realize that he's a bit injury prone now and is a declining asset, so Chelsea may well want to cash in while he still has some market value. Many of Chelsea's star names (Drogba, Ballack, Carvalho and Lampard) are in their 30's and coming towards the end of their careers. If Ancelotti wants to build his own team with the likes of Ribery, then he may well have to sell in order to do so. Terry is probably one of the few that could still command a large fee and wouldn't be missed too much.

Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

Here's a reasonable interesting article from Independent Ireland it has some good background on who has power at SB....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/chelsea-to-hold-crunch-talks-with-skipper-as-threat-of-lucrative-city-switch-grows-1813401.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 13401.html</a>

Sam Eto's work visa said:
Here's a reasonable interesting article from Independent Ireland it has some good background on who has power at SB....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/chelsea-to-hold-crunch-talks-with-skipper-as-threat-of-lucrative-city-switch-grows-1813401.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 13401.html</a>

good post thanks 4 the link :) hope we can get him and seems to tie in with alot of wots been said by "terrys friends" etc.

BLUEMOONBAZ said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
lionheart said:
BLUEMOONBAZ said:
Well terrys back to pre season training thu, so if were gonna hit them with another bid it should be today/tonight imho.Then he will either blow us out or ask to see whats avail...
go little city haha
We should forget Terry and sign Lucio for 6million...he's the captain and centre-half of some crappy footballing nation called Brazil in case anybody was unaware.

lets get both :)

well as i said he,s back tommorow so hopefully the shit will hit the fan .And we can put this to bed..
any news bill ?

Well lets hope today brings an end to this ... and we can move on

what is wrong with that bloody transfer clockwatch on SSN it's still yesterday's

chorleybloo123 said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:
bowdonblue said:
I've got a feeling I could be going on Ducado's list, but I have just had a text saying that Terry will be handing in a transfer request tomorrow.

I am not ITK and neither is my pal, but apparently the original "sauce" is v close to the club. He won't say who by the way.

The tin hat is on. Hit me!

Hope the ''sauce'' is right mate! I can't see JT leaving, but imagine if he even enters 'talks' with City.....the media's going to go mental!

I think his source read SM321's thread(before it was deleted) and sent it to him.
my source read HP

Allegedly we are offering him £150,000 a year, so to bring him level with Lampard, so that surely covers recognition and respect? We have put in an offer for Ribery and plan on signing Sneidjer with the change, so that covers ambition. We will be in the running for the title this year, and, I think this season the trophy will be going South purely because United are much weaker than last season and Liverpool haven't improved, where as if you believe the papers we will have improved hugely, so that covers opportunities for silverware.

We are offering him massive amounts of money, though not the monster wage being offered by City, so that is the only reason I can imagine he'd want to go.

I mean City will have success but, in all respect, they are building up that success. It's not like with Chelsea where we had a Champions League and cup winning squad before the money (and the money turned us into a title winning team within two seasons). This is a job where nearly the whole club with have to be overhauled, and I can't see that happening quickly. Also, the new players will have to learn how to work as a team- this is the problem Chelsea had in 2003/04 (the first season of our buyout) where there were so many new players, it was hard to get them to work together.

So, it's my belief that Terry would either be benched, sold or retired by the time City are in Chelsea's position, and that's why I believe there is only one reason why Terry would leave the club at this point in time.

fulhamroad22 said:
Allegedly we are offering him £150,000 a year, so to bring him level with Lampard, so that surely covers recognition and respect? We have put in an offer for Ribery and plan on signing Sneidjer with the change, so that covers ambition. We will be in the running for the title this year, and, I think this season the trophy will be going South purely because United are much weaker than last season and Liverpool haven't improved, where as if you believe the papers we will have improved hugely, so that covers opportunities for silverware.

We are offering him massive amounts of money, though not the monster wage being offered by City, so that is the only reason I can imagine he'd want to go.

I mean City will have success but, in all respect, they are building up that success. It's not like with Chelsea where we had a Champions League and cup winning squad before the money (and the money turned us into a title winning team within two seasons). This is a job where nearly the whole club with have to be overhauled, and I can't see that happening quickly. Also, the new players will have to learn how to work as a team- this is the problem Chelsea had in 2003/04 (the first season of our buyout) where there were so many new players, it was hard to get them to work together.

So, it's my belief that Terry would either be benched, sold or retired by the time City are in Chelsea's position, and that's why I believe there is only one reason why Terry would leave the club at this point in time.

allegedly being the operative word.

it all really depends on whether Roman would prefer to cash in so that Ancelotti can rebuild properly as it was quite clear before the end of the season that you have to balance the books this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.