John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
california blue said:
how could studge have taken a pay cut - he was only offered a contact after he graduated from the academy and if rumours are correct he's on 55k a week a chelsea...max he was on here was 12k i reckon

maybe they are basing this "pay cut" on what City *offered* him not what he was actually getting paid?

in which case it makes sense, storyline as follows: baby Danny knows daddy's rich. baby Danny wants new bb gun. daddy says no bb gun until you're older. baby Danny spits the dummy and runs away from home, with no toys.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/10/manchester-city-increasingly-confident-they-will-sign-john-terry-115875-21508091/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21508091/</a>

At the same time, City's chief executive Garry Cook is considering making a formal request to Chelsea to speak to Terry to try to increase the pressure. City feel they have been given genuine grounds for encouragement that Terry may want to make a move to Eastlands.

While Terry returned to Chelsea’s Cobham training headquarters for his first meeting with new coach Carlo Ancelotti yesterday, no members of the Blues high command were there to welcome him.

And that has left City officials convinced it is a 'matter of time' before Terry is unveiled as the shock transfer upset of the summer.

City are understood to be taking huge encouragement from the lack of a public vow of loyalty to Chelsea by Terry while also claiming the Londoners have not told them directly to stay away from the player.

That comes despite Chelsea’s announcement last week they had rejected City’s second bid for Terry but a third, likely to be around £35m, is now being prepared if the smoke signals remain encouraging from a City perspective.

It's probably been said already but I think the Terry issue, despite being seen as less likely maybe than Tevez, Eto'o, Lescott, could be the key one as it is surely the one most likely to crystallise into a yes or no earliest - if he comes/says he want to come that has to have a beneficial impact on the others and vice versa. So to those who do not want Terry I disagree twofold (a) he is a player, leader, captain etc that we NEED and we can afford whatever the cost is, makes no odds to the owners (b) it can only help attract others.

One other thing mystifies me - IF the Tevez signing is being delayed by the FA, HOW can it be more complicated to agree a deal like our's whereby he moves from third party ownership to outright ownership by a club, than it would be to agree the scum's scenario of a complicated loan deal between third party owners and a club - surely our position is completely straightforward if KJ no longer has an interest? But then again we are not in the "big 4" are we? (YET!)

Ticket For Schalke said:
Agree with poster ^^^
defiantly think we will here the terry saga come to an end or progree before Munster and Samuel

Maybe all three will ride into town together - heres hoping

Pressgang said:
I think JT is merely using your interest to initiate contract talks with Chelsea. He wants to stay, they want to keep him. They are just playing a political game, and JT is allowing the stories to run to ensure he gets the best deal for himself to stay.

He apparently met Roman's representative today, first steps in negotiating a new deal or a pay rise. That's essentially all he's doing. I don't think he is really serious about going, but will use the pay offer from you guys to get Chelsea to offer him a better deal. I think that's understandable.

But he wants to stay. He'll sign a new contract soon enough.

If he goes, he's not going for 'the project', he's going because of the money. If he did go I'd be shocked, but very disappointed.

But he's not going to, he's said consistently how much he loves Chelsea and wants to be a one-club man, and he rejected City only four months ago and said again how much he loves Chelsea.

He's just after a pay rise. That's the only reason this is still going on.

so....in other words you know fook all !!

[quote="Pam] I don't care why he's gone and I don't care how much he'll be getting paid.[/quote]

^^^this^^^
i wish most players who leave city all the best. not sturridge. hope he rots in the reserves with sheva. good riddance!

on a lighter note, a bit more fuel for the fire:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/football/article-23718027-details/article.do?ito=newsnow&

Manchester City boosted over John Terry bid as Abramovich misses talks

10.07.09 Manchester City have been given fresh encouragement in their pursuit of John Terry by the player's reluctance to publicly pledge his future to Chelsea.

Terry met with new boss Carlo Ancelotti for the first time yesterday to have talks about the forthcoming season and also spoke with club director Eugene Tenenbaum.

Neither Roman Abramovich nor chief executive Peter Kenyon were at the club's Cobham training ground to meet their skipper fuelling speculation about Terry's future.

The England defender is believed to want assurances from the Chelsea hierarchy about how much they value him with City waiting in the wings to pounce at any sign of a split.

Terry is concerned over the lack of major signings so far this summer and is also looking to get a new contract in light of Mark Hughes's team being prepared to pay him £200,000 a week.

Chelsea remain confident that they will succeed in bringing more quality players to the club before the transfer window closes next month and are prepared to start negotiations over a new deal in due course.

But City have been encouraged by Terry's failure to make a statement committing his future to Stamford Bridge even though Chelsea are also adamant the defender is not for sale.

They have already turned down two bids for their captain from City's billionaire Arab owners and are braced for more contact before the 31 August transfer deadline.

Talk Shite is promising to talk shite abut John Terry in the next few minutes. They have interesting "theories" they say, which probably means they know bugger all, although they have just said "all is not well at The Bridge", which sounds to me like a decent enough guess.

Pam said:
Talk Shite is promising to talk shite abut John Terry in the next few minutes. They have interesting "theories" they say, which probably means they know bugger all, although they have just said "all is not well at The Bridge", which sounds to me like a decent enough guess.

Morning Pam,

Parry's on at the mo and I can't stand the guy so I had to turn it off. Updates would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.