John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcfc1632 said:
Re the publicity on the Etoo situation and how it is viewed...

Yes the media will all jump on the - top players will not go to CITY - but that only last until we sign someone - if we announce Tevez on Monday / Tuesday - Etoo story is history

Well Etoo is history Tuesday if we believe all the papers

gillymcfc said:
mcfc1632 said:

Yes the media will all jump on the - top players will not go to CITY - but that only last until we sign someone - if we announce Tevez on Monday / Tuesday - Etoo story is history

Yep - the next signing will give City an opportunity to say we're still signing quality, more to come, Doris the tea lady got a new trolley etc etc. I am still feeling positive about City right now...just a bit of a spanner in the works but onwards and upwards.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
gillymcfc said:
mcfc1632 said:

Yep - the next signing will give City an opportunity to say we're still signing quality, more to come, Doris the tea lady got a new trolley etc etc. I am still feeling positive about City right now...just a bit of a spanner in the works but onwards and upwards.

Yes - we have every reason to be positive - I thought that the Cook - we must be patient - there will be setbacks' article was to prepare us for this walkaway - I am just hoping that we have been in for someone else (I would live Fabiano) and we have had some progress there - hence the deadline - no reason to think that other than hope

mcfc1632 said:
Yes - we have every reason to be positive - I thought that the Cook - we must be patient - there will be setbacks' article was to prepare us for this walkaway - I am just hoping that we have been in for someone else (I would live Fabiano) and we have had some progress there - hence the deadline - no reason to think that other than hope

I can't work out some folks on here right now. What would they have rather seen? City left dangling in the wind waiting for Eto'o to decide if he would curb his demands from Barca or get an offer from a Champions League club? No...Cook et al did the right thing...the offer was great, the challenge was great but City don't fuck around any more...you accept it or we're off. See ya Eto'o!

The question is was the Cook statement to prepare us for missing out on eto'o or for missing out on eto'o and Tevez and Terry and Lescott or any combination of the four?

Garry has put himself on the line by building up expectations and if he doesn't fulfil them I won't be apologising for being pissed off about it. You shouldn't make promises you can't keep.

when did garry promise in signing eto'o? that statement is beyond me.

what he promises is in line with what city promises us. we will be a force to be reckon with in transfers and on the field. currently in transfers we are above expectations. clubs are pissing pants.

mcfc1632 said:

I can't work out some folks on here right now. What would they have rather seen? City left dangling in the wind waiting for Eto'o to decide if he would curb his demands from Barca or get an offer from a Champions League club? No...Cook et al did the right thing...the offer was great, the challenge was great but City don't fuck around any more...you accept it or we're off. See ya Eto'o!

Well said mate. If we get Tevez im not so sure we need another striker. Would love to se the Boj get his chance.

Its just a shame regarding Eto'o, with him we could have seriously attacked the top 4 this season. He's a 20 goal a season striker and there arent many of them available.

Interesting to see if there is a plan B. Cant for the life of me think of anyone else with Eto's ability thats available.

Unless, its just a PR stunt by City to get Barca and Eto'o to sort themselves out.

Barca and Eto'o find themselves in a right mess now.

i know this should be on the eto'o thread but to me it is quite obvious why we have pulled out.

to see if Barca panic and come chasing us when they realise we were offering the most cash they will get for him, and then more importantly for City is that we did not want to miss out on bidding for other strikers while we held out for Eto'o - not many strikers have moved clubs yet so bids for people like Fabiano, Villa, Zlatan, Forlan, Aguero, Huntelaar etc can be made now.

i know some of the names listed may not fancy a move to us but we could not chase them properly until we pulled out on Eto'o.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.