John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Project said:
Even if we only get those 4, it's perfectly fine for me. I always saw this as an initial 2 year project to get us into the top 4 reckoning. 2 years = 4 transfer windows x 4 quality players a time = 16 quality players in 2 years. This would form the nucleus of the club

Window 1
Robinho
SWP
Kompany
Zabaleta

Window 2

Given
Bridge
De Jong
Bellamy

Window 3
Lescott
Tevez
Barry
Santa Cruz

Window 4

Add to this the likes of Ireland, Onuoha, Richards, Johnson, Weiss and the first real squad that Mark Hughes could genuinely call his own looks promising. It should then be much easier to land the odd superstar. If we picked up 3 of them you'd have around 24 players. A mixture of youth, experience, solid players and the world class.

Agree with this - very good points. But do you think we could legitimately call the first Window as being the Jan window this year. Whilst we made some good signings last summer only Robinho was due to the current regime and one day wasn't enough to make many signings (althou Robbie was a corker). In reality next summer is window four....?

If it wasn't for the selling club or player opening their mouths then the first thing we would hear of any transfer would be an announcement on the OS City have kept every transfer negotiation confidential.

If Eto'o does come crawling back to us and its a big if then it would prove he wants to come although I'm sure that it will deemed to be his only option by the rag press

bluejue said:
Project said:
Even if we only get those 4, it's perfectly fine for me. I always saw this as an initial 2 year project to get us into the top 4 reckoning. 2 years = 4 transfer windows x 4 quality players a time = 16 quality players in 2 years. This would form the nucleus of the club

Window 1
Robinho
SWP
Kompany
Zabaleta

Window 2

Given
Bridge
De Jong
Bellamy

Window 3
Lescott
Tevez
Barry
Santa Cruz

Window 4

Add to this the likes of Ireland, Onuoha, Richards, Johnson, Weiss and the first real squad that Mark Hughes could genuinely call his own looks promising. It should then be much easier to land the odd superstar. If we picked up 3 of them you'd have around 24 players. A mixture of youth, experience, solid players and the world class.

Agree with this - very good points. But do you think we could legitimately call the first Window as being the Jan window this year. Whilst we made some good signings last summer only Robinho was due to the current regime and one day wasn't enough to make many signings (althou Robbie was a corker). In reality next summer is window four....?
i may be wrong but i thought i heard somewhere that even tho thaksin was our owner ADUG financed the kompany and SWP transfers as they knew they were getting control of the club, i may be wrong

Lomas has a lob on said:
bluejue said:
Project said:

Window 1
Robinho
SWP
Kompany
Zabaleta

Window 2

Given
Bridge
De Jong
Bellamy

Window 3
Lescott
Tevez
Barry
Santa Cruz

Window 4

i may be wrong but i thought i heard somewhere that even tho thaksin was our owner ADUG financed the kompany and SWP transfers as they knew they were getting control of the club, i may be wrong

Interesting - I never heard that one.

Has Terry actually made any statement re all this yet? Wasn't he back in training yesterday and meeting the management team?

Just got up myself and scanned last 5 or so pages seems more about Eto'o for some reason
Am i right that we are in same place as we was yesterday?

No comment from Terry or agent?

bluejue said:
Has Terry actually made any statement re all this yet? Wasn't he back in training yesterday and meeting the management team?

i was just thinking that! it does seem very strange that Terry hasnt said a word about our offer! not declared his loyalty or declared he's interested? surely something must be released soon??

Chelsea say he is not for sale....we have not withdrew our bid....are we just going to have a stalemate and leave as is?

After publicly pulling out of Eto'o deal we cant leave this as is surely

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
gillymcfc said:
mcfc1632 said:
Re the publicity on the Etoo situation and how it is viewed...

Yes the media will all jump on the - top players will not go to CITY - but that only last until we sign someone - if we announce Tevez on Monday / Tuesday - Etoo story is history

Well Etoo is history Tuesday if we believe all the papers

Yep - the next signing will give City an opportunity to say we're still signing quality, more to come, Doris the tea lady got a new trolley etc etc. I am still feeling positive about City right now...just a bit of a spanner in the works but onwards and upwards.

How confident are you on the trolley for Doris URG? Are you ITK on this one? I think it'd be a shrewd move on City's part but don't we need to offload the previous trolley first? Does Doris have third party ownership issues with the new trolley or can we expect a quick and painless acquisition? Does the new trolley want to come to City and does it have a label publicly proclaiming this? What if the existing owners don't want to sell? Will we pay more? Will the old trolley be sold to Sunderland at a discount? What about the wobbly wheel issue? Will there be a stringent engineering check to see if the bearings will hold up? Respect where it's due - Cookey's a clever old barstard lining this one up to make up for the loss of Eto'o!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.