John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still appreciate all these foreign fans letting us know the sp about their own minds, and the state of play.

They're not worried.

Don't care whether anyone believes this or not. Mate has spoken to a lad who works at Chelsea. Terry was seriously considering joining us earlier in the week but has decided to stay and will get an improved contract as a result.

Time to move on. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Abuse all you want. Above will be proved right.
We nearly got him but not quite.

bobrivers said:
Pam said:
Terry hasn't a hope in hell of getting offered anywhere near the wages on offer from City, not to mention the £5 mill signing on fee so that's complete bullshit. If they did this for Terry, they'd have to do it for Lumplard and Bollock, both of whom have clauses guaranteeing that no player will earn more than them for the duration of their respective contracts. Ain't happening for Terry, this.

I never said we were going to offer him the same money or anything similar to it and Terry knows that better than anybody. Doesn't mean him and his agent can't use City's interest to squeeze more money out of Chelsea. This kind of thing happens all the time. If Terry doesn't really want to leave he'll be reasonable enough and the club will give him enough to keep him happy. If he doesn't and by now they'd know the truth, he'll be on his way anyway.

Agreed, Chelsea will make a reasonable offer, not at the level City are offering but that is apparently what Terry is after according to Kenyon. Chelsea can offer immediate success and legendary status, his reputation probably wouldn't be affected and he'd stay at the club he said he wants to stay at numerous times.

IM NOT REALLY HERE said:
sack terry off he wont come 4 the team he will just come for the money ... go 4 some1 like van buyten coz weve had him b4 and hes quality

what yas think?
cannavaro?
nesta?

Laurel?
Hardy?

warringtonmcfc said:
Don't care whether anyone believes this or not. Mate has spoken to a lad who works at Chelsea. Terry was seriously considering joining us earlier in the week but has decided to stay and will get an improved contract as a result.

Time to move on. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Abuse all you want. Above will be proved right.
We nearly got him but not quite.

perfectly believable mate

there are more players tho

Terry has had long enough to consider his options. I get the impression he is using City to get a better deal from Chelsea, and he is playing us both for mugs.
I think we should give a deadline, as we did with Eto'o. If he misses the deadline, then he remains a Chelsea player by default, as no other team is in for him, and they can then force him to honour his existing contract.

fulhamroad22 said:
Ah but those players will be replaced. We have been linked with great young players like Pato and Aguero, plus there is a brilliant set of youth talent. Abramovic is very rich, we have great scouts, so I wouldn't worry too much- the team will be replaced.

Roman wouldn't allow the team to decline.

Just to clarify the links we have are- Pato, Aguero, Young, Pirlo, Sneijder, Ibrahimovic (hopefully not), Huntelaar. Regardless we need young players, but the team is not in or will be in decline anytime soon.
It's late now. Through the managerial upheaval he has allowed the team to grow old together and now he is faced with buying a lot of players. Not good planning. It should be easy when you're on top, but you've messed up through changing managers.

Pirlo is past it. And the players you mention with maybe the exception of Ibrahimovic are not of the calibre required.

Manchester_lalala said:
fulhamroad22 said:
Ah but those players will be replaced. We have been linked with great young players like Pato and Aguero, plus there is a brilliant set of youth talent. Abramovic is very rich, we have great scouts, so I wouldn't worry too much- the team will be replaced.

Roman wouldn't allow the team to decline.

Just to clarify the links we have are- Pato, Aguero, Young, Pirlo, Sneijder, Ibrahimovic (hopefully not), Huntelaar. Regardless we need young players, but the team is not in or will be in decline anytime soon.

Highly doubt RA would pay out for Pato or Aguero. And did anyone else kinda smile when you read 'Abramovic is very rich'? Just to think Mansour and co are worth 100'sx more than this geezer.

Yeah but your owners will spend a smaller percentage of their wealth. There's only so much you can spend on a football team.

UUBlue said:
Terry has had long enough to consider his options. I get the impression he is using City to get a better deal from Chelsea, and he is playing us both for mugs.
I think we should give a deadline, as we did with Eto'o. If he misses the deadline, then he remains a Chelsea player by default, as no other team is in for him, and they can then force him to honour his existing contract.
Why would we do that? Transfer window shuts at end of August. We can get another defender, and let CFC sweat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.