John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree that Kenyon seems a bit in the dark on this one, however, I have wondered if this whole situation is being allowed to be played out in the media by Chelski to mask over the fact that they are not the one's splashing the cash as they usually do, to date they have signed a back up keeper, an unproven young forward and a right back that isn't a household name, which hardly sets the world alight or gets their fans exited. The JT situation IF he was to stay and announce it in the coming weeks when the transfer window is in its later stages will probably feel like a big signing for club and gloss over their lack of activity IMO !

Pam said:
Did you know that according to SSN, Terry has "given his strongest indication yet that he will be a Chelsea player next season". Yeah, right.
I thought "shit, he's finally ended us silence and declared his love for Chelsea". But he merely got on the plane to the US, as he is contracted to do

bobrivers said:
Pam said:
simon23 said:
I agree with Fulhamroad....i think JT is just using the situation to enhance his own contract....we wont here a word from him until he signs his new and improved contract.......

If i wasa chelsea fan though id be livid with Terry...he may have damaged his reputation at the bridge beyond repair

The trouble with this theory about Terry hoping to improve his Chelski contract is going to have to run out of steam pretty soon because Chelski seem pretty adamant that they won't be going anywhere near the level of wages City are offering. And then there's the signing on fee to consider. I don't think he's maniupulating the situation as much as he is genuinely undecided ... which actually makes him a bit daft. Chelski aren't really even going in the right direction if their transfer dealings up until now are anything to go by. Can't exactly say this about City.

The difference is, unlike City we don't have to go after everyone with a pulse, we already have well balanced squad filled with quality, one of the best in Europe. Chelsea squad just needs some fine tuning, maybe to add a creative midfielder/winger and a striker, no more than that.

Plus, there's still a month and a half left in the transfer window. With the exception of Real Madrid and City, it's been are fairly quiet transfer window so far.

As for Terry, it's very likely that he's using City interest to get a better contract at Chelsea.
If he wanted the move, knowing how long it'd take to get it done he'd have spoken already.
The club will make him a great offer, tell him once again how important and valuable he is for the team and he'll come around.

Terry hasn't a hope in hell of getting offered anywhere near the wages on offer from City, not to mention the £5 mill signing on fee so that's complete bullshit. If they did this for Terry, they'd have to do it for Lumplard and Bollock, both of whom have clauses guaranteeing that no player will earn more than them for the duration of their respective contracts. Ain't happening for Terry, this.

bobrivers said:
Pam said:
simon23 said:
I agree with Fulhamroad....i think JT is just using the situation to enhance his own contract....we wont here a word from him until he signs his new and improved contract.......

If i wasa chelsea fan though id be livid with Terry...he may have damaged his reputation at the bridge beyond repair

The trouble with this theory about Terry hoping to improve his Chelski contract is going to have to run out of steam pretty soon because Chelski seem pretty adamant that they won't be going anywhere near the level of wages City are offering. And then there's the signing on fee to consider. I don't think he's maniupulating the situation as much as he is genuinely undecided ... which actually makes him a bit daft. Chelski aren't really even going in the right direction if their transfer dealings up until now are anything to go by. Can't exactly say this about City.

The difference is, unlike City we don't have to go after everyone with a pulse, we already have well balanced squad filled with quality, one of the best in Europe. Chelsea squad just needs some fine tuning, maybe to add a creative midfielder/winger and a striker, no more than that.

Plus, there's still a month and a half left in the transfer window. With the exception of Real Madrid and City, it's been are fairly quiet transfer window so far.

As for Terry, it's very likely that he's using City interest to get a better contract at Chelsea.
If he wanted the move, knowing how long it'd take to get it done he'd have spoken already.
The club will make him a great offer, tell him once again how important and valuable he is for the team and he'll come around.

I dont agree, you finished a distant third last season and the competition from europe has also got tougher. it might have been a quiet english tarnsfer window, but on the continent they have all been bringing in new players.

Project said:
Pam said:
Did you know that according to SSN, Terry has "given his strongest indication yet that he will be a Chelsea player next season". Yeah, right.
I thought "shit, he's finally ended us silence and declared his love for Chelsea". But he merely got on the plane to the US, as he is contracted to do

It's so shamelessly misleading, it's practically a lie. I have muted the idiot thing.

bobrivers said:
Pam said:
simon23 said:

Exactly. Our transfer dealings in the past have been just as impressive as City's transfers. What we have now is a squad ready to challenge for the title- we just need a few replacements and I'd expect at least one massive incoming transfer. Pirlo isn't a big name but we nearly have him signed up.

You are forgetting that post Scolari we were actually by far the most in form team in the league and many would argue we should have beaten the team that went on to destroy Manchester United in the Champions League final. I think that with the right manager we can win the league by quite some distance- United are much weaker, Arsenal were weak and have now lost Adebayor and Liverpool cannot afford any more significant additions, City are being rebuilt and I'd say next season will be the time for City silverware.

But regardless you can expect a massive name to be signed to Chelsea this summer as well as another player (Pirlo is looking likely). This is an addition to an already very strong team.

Forzacitizens said:
i hope we get some conclusive news soon. If we don't get him, lets move on, there are other good CB's around
exactly Terry needs to make some sory of statement

Forzacitizens said:
i hope we get some conclusive news soon. If we don't get him, lets move on, there are other good CB's around
well if we dont get him we will have 2 move on,,,good point,,lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.