John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
255.gif

Looks like a stand off.

fulhamroad22 said:
You are forgetting that post Scolari we were actually by far the most in form team in the league and many would argue we should have beaten the team that went on to destroy Manchester United in the Champions League final. I think that with the right manager we can win the league by quite some distance- United are much weaker, Arsenal were weak and have now lost Adebayor and Liverpool cannot afford any more significant additions, City are being rebuilt and I'd say next season will be the time for City silverware.

But regardless you can expect a massive name to be signed to Chelsea this summer as well as another player (Pirlo is looking likely). This is an addition to an already very strong team.
How old is Pirlo? You must have the oldest squad in the Premiership. I know they are all high quality players, but the team is coming to the end of its life. This is a big problem.

Rcardo Carvalho, Didier Drogba, Michael Ballack, Anelka, Ferreira, Deco, Belletti are all in their 30s. All of a sudden you will have a clutch of players all past their best.

Marvin said:
fulhamroad22 said:
You are forgetting that post Scolari we were actually by far the most in form team in the league and many would argue we should have beaten the team that went on to destroy Manchester United in the Champions League final. I think that with the right manager we can win the league by quite some distance- United are much weaker, Arsenal were weak and have now lost Adebayor and Liverpool cannot afford any more significant additions, City are being rebuilt and I'd say next season will be the time for City silverware.

But regardless you can expect a massive name to be signed to Chelsea this summer as well as another player (Pirlo is looking likely). This is an addition to an already very strong team.
How old is Pirlo? You must have the oldest squad in the Premiership. I know they are all high quality players, but the team is coming to the end of its life. This is a big problem.

Rcardo Carvalho, Didier Drogba, Michael Ballack, Anelka, Ferreira, Deco, Belletti are all in their 30s. All of a sudden you will have a clutch of players all past their best.

Total Dad's Army. Chelski in decline, Roman losing interest and making mistakes and the continuing presence of Peter Kenyon speaks for itself.

sniff said:
I dont agree, you finished a distant third last season and the competition from europe has also got tougher. it might have been a quiet english tarnsfer window, but on the continent they have all been bringing in new players.

Our finishing third has more to do with Scolari being the wrong man at the wrong time in the wrong place than with how good/bad our squad is.

We still managed to win the FA Cup and reached the CL semifinal, which is nothing to scoff at.

Pam said:
Terry hasn't a hope in hell of getting offered anywhere near the wages on offer from City, not to mention the £5 mill signing on fee so that's complete bullshit. If they did this for Terry, they'd have to do it for Lumplard and Bollock, both of whom have clauses guaranteeing that no player will earn more than them for the duration of their respective contracts. Ain't happening for Terry, this.

I never said we were going to offer him the same money or anything similar to it and Terry knows that better than anybody. Doesn't mean him and his agent can't use City's interest to squeeze more money out of Chelsea. This kind of thing happens all the time. If Terry doesn't really want to leave he'll be reasonable enough and the club will give him enough to keep him happy. If he doesn't and by now they'd know the truth, he'll be on his way anyway.

They must be very anxious to resolve the Terry debacle as it undermines the morale of their players and fans. They are impotent.

I hope this continues into the end of August. We can get another defender in, and leave our bid on the table for Terry.

Ah but those players will be replaced. We have been linked with great young players like Pato and Aguero, plus there is a brilliant set of youth talent. Abramovic is very rich, we have great scouts, so I wouldn't worry too much- the team will be replaced.

Roman wouldn't allow the team to decline.

Just to clarify the links we have are- Pato, Aguero, Young, Pirlo, Sneijder, Ibrahimovic (hopefully not), Huntelaar. Regardless we need young players, but the team is not in or will be in decline anytime soon.

bobrivers said:
Pam said:
Terry hasn't a hope in hell of getting offered anywhere near the wages on offer from City, not to mention the £5 mill signing on fee so that's complete bullshit. If they did this for Terry, they'd have to do it for Lumplard and Bollock, both of whom have clauses guaranteeing that no player will earn more than them for the duration of their respective contracts. Ain't happening for Terry, this.

I never said we were going to offer him the same money or anything similar to it and Terry knows that better than anybody. Doesn't mean him and his agent can't use City's interest to squeeze more money out of Chelsea. This kind of thing happens all the time. If Terry doesn't really want to leave he'll be reasonable enough and the club will give him enough to keep him happy. If he doesn't and by now they'd know the truth, he'll be on his way anyway.

Yes i can see that is the crux of it and i am sure those involved do know what the truth is. I wonder though what the situation is with the usa tour thing. I thought to myself that if Terry gets on the plane then thats it, he is staying at the Bridge and lets move on. Now though i am not sure as i had convinced myself that if he went on tour he would make a statement or Kenyon would saying fuss over staying etc. All thats really happend is terry got on a plane still not a word, is him going "the statement" Soz for ramble i am a bit pissed.

fulhamroad22 said:
Ah but those players will be replaced. We have been linked with great young players like Pato and Aguero, plus there is a brilliant set of youth talent. Abramovic is very rich, we have great scouts, so I wouldn't worry too much- the team will be replaced.

Roman wouldn't allow the team to decline.

Just to clarify the links we have are- Pato, Aguero, Young, Pirlo, Sneijder, Ibrahimovic (hopefully not), Huntelaar. Regardless we need young players, but the team is not in or will be in decline anytime soon.

Highly doubt RA would pay out for Pato or Aguero. And did anyone else kinda smile when you read 'Abramovic is very rich'? Just to think Mansour and co are worth 100'sx more than this geezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.