John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bobrivers said:
Sure, some may say who cares, the Abu Dhaby sheiks are billionaires, but that doesn't mean they're in a habit of throwing money away.

Very true, however our owners have a very different agenda from RA, they will use the publicity from the club to make money on things such as tourism, their airline, property (in and out of Abu Dabi). They are not trying to launder debatably gotten funds, they are trying to create wealth from wealth they already have, and they think that a high profile football team will be a good avenue to use (they also own other high profile sports teams for the same outcome).

Its a huge difference from RA, and they're certainly not here for the short term, I wouldn't expect other football supporters to follow the events of our owners, but most of us do have a fair idea what they're doing, and its likely to be a long term and successful outcome.

Until tomorrow they were a little hamstrung by the fact that our kit was sponsored by a company who they didn't invite, and had no interest in, but our kit and shirt sponsor deal from tomorrow will include a major brand they own, its one of a number of revenue streams that City will no doubt publicise for them, its a business plan for not just Manchester City FC.

bobrivers said:
Manchester_lalala said:
Dont get this at all? If reports are true that RA is losing money, your spending will die down. As for City, it will be everlasting. But, I hope you do get Aguero, love to see him in the prem.

You don't seriously believe that, do you? Like anything, it'll come to an end. City owners are businessmen, too, I'm sure they have some kind of plan in mind and they won't keep spending crazy money forever.

About 70% of current Chelsea budget is being spent on players' wages, that's what it takes to keep the club competitive, and we've been losing money every year. Granted, the losses are getting smaller and smaller, the club's been making huge money off of CL and our domestic success for several years now and yet we're still some way from breaking even.

City have already spent a small fortune on players and will have to spend quite a bit more to break into the top four, let alone to remain there or win trophies. Your wage bill is already probably among the highest in the league and it'll get much bigger before you'll be in a position to reap any rewards.

Sure, some may say who cares, the Abu Dhaby sheiks are billionaires, but that doesn't mean they're in a habit of throwing money away.

The reason for all this investment, nothing in the world can bring attention to ABU DHABI like the Premier League this money is loose change compared to the publicity ABU DHABI is achieving, at the moment we need to replace a squad, in a few years it will just need a top up, it,s not about business, just marketing ABU DHABI in my humble opinion

Manchester_lalala said:
But are owners will not let our club go down hill one bit. Once we need assurance of new players, we will get them. Say in a few years, our side is ageing, unlike RA who can't splash out as much now, our owners want us to be the biggest club in the world, they wont let any downfall happen at all. Not saying they will spend millions and millions, but we will get our assurances when needing players. How I see it anyway.

Pam said:
You are forgetting what an impulsive little shithead Abromovich is. Our owners truly are in it for the long haul and the whole thing is better planned, better measured, better resourced and better thought out than Chelski's little brush with wealth has ever been. Chelski's top four days were numbered the minute we signed Robhinio from under their noses. Abromovich always had something of the "fly by night" in him. This is different and the fact that we can unsettle their talismanic "Mr Chelsea" captain must surely be telling them something.

Your current owners have been in place for less than a year. I'm glad you got to know so much about them that you can predict what they will/won't do in the future.

And Pam, what's your problem with Chelsea? Did some CFC supporter spit in your soup or something?

Pam said:
You are forgetting what an impulsive little shithead Abromovich is. Our owners truly are in it for the long haul and the whole thing is better planned, better measured, better resourced and better thought out than Chelski's little brush with wealth has ever been. Chelski's top four days were numbered the minute we signed Robhinio from under their noses. Abromovich always had something of the "fly by night" in him. This is different and the fact that we can unsettle their talismanic "Mr Chelsea" captain must surely be telling them something.

I think that is a little wrong. The top four along with City will be at the top for the forseeable future. Abramovic has hardly run out of money, he may have made losses but there aren't many businesses that haven't made losses in this global recession. Pretty soon Abramovic will be making a massive amount of money again from his assets, this means money will continue to be spent.

Abramovic also really likes the club and has directly engaged with fan activities and club charities. He is here for the long run and will continue to spend.

I think your 'brush with the top four' comment was a bit ironic and very short of the mark. We will both be up there soon, mark my words.

vincent said:
Pam said:
No one cares what that idiot thinks.

Correct Pam. He is a has been and plays his football in a complete joke league.

If he cared about football more than money/ image he'd be playing full time in Europe/ the Champions League right now etc etc...but the cold hard facts are a little different. Beckham = grade A tosspot.

bobrivers said:
Manchester_lalala said:
But are owners will not let our club go down hill one bit. Once we need assurance of new players, we will get them. Say in a few years, our side is ageing, unlike RA who can't splash out as much now, our owners want us to be the biggest club in the world, they wont let any downfall happen at all. Not saying they will spend millions and millions, but we will get our assurances when needing players. How I see it anyway.

Pam said:

Your current owners have been in place for less than a year. I'm glad you got to know so much about them that you can predict what they will/won't do in the future.

And Pam, what's your problem with Chelsea? Did some CFC supporter spit in your soup or something?

Maybe because they have 550 Billion and has said that they are going to make us the biggest club in the world. Quite promising from someone who are worth 550 Billion.

borninm14 said:
this bast4rd at it again

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_city/article6717029.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 717029.ece</a>

This cnut is really getting on my tits! wtf is his problem? every high profile player we go for he puts his fooking cockney gobshite hore in.

This is one cnut i'd love to smash in the kite!

What a total prick this guy is if you didn't know he was a rag just his comments would tell you

I HOPE HE GETS A PLACE IN THE PL AND JONG BREAKS HIS FUKIN LEGS TW@T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.