John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
fulhamroad22 said:
I'd say Ashley Cole, Ballack, Shevchenko were all bigger names at the time we signed them (with all due respect to Tevez and Adebayor).
Overrated muppet and one of the worst players in chelseas history. Unbelievable that this muppet is still a regular player in the first XI.
Please dont compare this guy to Tevez and even not to Adebayor.

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
im being a bit ambitious here but i think it might be possible that terry was remaning neutral and quiet because he was waiting for someone like eto'o or adebayor to sign because surely we had one of the best midfeilds (and one of the best goalkeepers) in the league last season (ireland, robby, de jong, kompany, swp etc...) and now that we have an unstoppable, flexible attacking force (robinho, tevez, adebayor, rsc and even bojinov) surely he can sort out the the back 4 along with lescott (which is looking more likely by the day) which means that by the looks of it we would be at least a top 4 quality team.

thaughts anyone?

Good theory and if it's true that the player's head was already "completely turned" before today's developments, then it must be spinning 360 degree rotations by now.

Just watching SSN. They were reading the papers out for tommorow, one article was saying JTs position at Chelsea is basically untenable due to his refusal to state publically he wants to stay plus breakdown in relationship with roman and the coaching staff.

Seems like he still wants to leave....

I think City fans are getting a bit ahead of themselves.

First of all, Robinho,Tevez and Adebayor are not world class stars. First two weren't even starters at Real and MU respectively and were quite inconsistent while Adebayor is a lazy egotistical donkey who had one very good season and then went back on vacation after Arsenal denied him a move to AC Milan.

Those players are obviously a step above in quality of what you've had but it doesn't make them superstars, like Messi,Ronaldo or Kaka. And before you scoff at Chelsea or any other top four side which, according to many here are in rapid decline, try proving your worth on the pitch first.

bobrivers said:

First of all, Robinho,Tevez and Adebayor are not world class stars. First two weren't even starters at Real and MU respectively and were quite inconsistent while Adebayor is a lazy egotistical donkey who had one very good season and then went back on vacation after Arsenal denied him a move to AC Milan.

Those players are obviously a step above in quality of what you've had but it doesn't make them superstars, like Messi,Ronaldo or Kaka. And before you scoff at Chelsea or any other top four side which, according to many here are in rapid decline, try proving your worth on the pitch first.

In his last season at Real Madrid, Robinho made 28 starts in the leauge so he can be classed as a starter but you keep using the old myth that Robinho was only a bit part player at Real.

While Tevez didn't start that many games last season he started a lot of games the season before and scored many crucial goals on the way to United winning the leauge and the champions leauge

As for Adebayor he's got a goals to game ratio of one goal every 2.24 games since he's been in the premiership, how many other strikers have better ratio's than that? Not bad really considering he's only had one good season our of four eh.......

bobrivers said:

First thing first Bob NO one, but a few City fans rolling in the happiness of the last few weeks are saying we are top four. Hughes himself has a lot of work cut out for him to get this team moving in the right direction.

The other point is that the top four are indecline for two reasons, one reason being that they can't really go out and buy (apart from Chelsea) any 20 + million stars as they would normally do each transfer window and two City are the BIG boys financially so they are NOT the top boys anymore where money is concerned, so yes you could say they are indecline could you not?

Petetheblu said:
First thing first Bob NO one, but a few City fans rolling in the happiness of the last few weeks are saying we are top four. Hughes himself has a lot of work cut out for him to get this team moving in the right direction.

The other point is that the top four are indecline for two reasons, one reason being that they can't really go out and buy (apart from Chelsea) any 20 + million stars as they would normally do each transfer window and two City are the BIG boys financially so they are NOT the top boys anymore where money is concerned, so yes you could say they are indecline could you not?

Chelsea haven't spent 20k or more on a player in about three years now, so it has nothing to do with City new riches. Liverpool's only 20m+ acquisition in six seasons under Benitez was Torres.Arsenal are very well known for being very tight with their transfer money spending.

Yes, money is important but having the right manager and the right players is equally important.

fulhamroad22 said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Can I ask your thinking, with regards to leapfrogging Liverpool, I myself don't see them weakening next season?

But, my thinking is we will be stronger. We have made some good signings already, we will have another few also including a marquee name. At the same time, Liverpool may lose Xabi Alonso or the Argentinian CDM (whose name escapes me, Mascarano?) to Real or Barcelona. I feel last season if we had a good manager who is not afraid to change tactics when needed all season like Hiddink, we would have scraped the league. I feel Liverpool were quite lucky and looking at the form of Chelsea at the end of last campaign under Hiddink, it was better than anyone.

I feel United will be much weaker, also, so I don't see a problem in a strengthened Chelsea overtaking both the bin dippers and the rags, the key is Ancelotti imo. Will he be able to get the best out of the players like Hiddink and Mourinho?

I agree, for Chelsea the key is Ancelotti, Liverpool though have the fact that this might be their one and only chance to win the title. With their relative lack of wealth and their new stadium to be built the next few years will be more about holding on to what they have than improving. The rags will be much weaker, how much that impacts them in the league, we will have to wait, but I think as a force in europe they are done, they no longer have the squad to match the better clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.