John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daviesmcfc said:
hgblue said:
Can someone from the 'Terry Is Definitely Not Coming' camp, please explain to me why the Chelsea captain said bugger all at the shirt unveilling, and seems to have lost his voice on Chelsea's commercial pre-season tour of America? If it's such a no brainer that he's staying why the hell hasn't he put us all out of our misery (City and Chelsea fans alike), and said so? I'm not saying that he's definitely coming, but for him to say nothing on the subject is just bizarre, so I don't get how some people are so convinced that he's staying at Chelsea.
Simple. He wants a new contract and a pay rise. As soon as he dismisses teh rumors, he ends the chance of getting a new contract.

When did he say this?

Daviesmcfc said:
hgblue said:
Can someone from the 'Terry Is Definitely Not Coming' camp, please explain to me why the Chelsea captain said bugger all at the shirt unveilling, and seems to have lost his voice on Chelsea's commercial pre-season tour of America? If it's such a no brainer that he's staying why the hell hasn't he put us all out of our misery (City and Chelsea fans alike), and said so? I'm not saying that he's definitely coming, but for him to say nothing on the subject is just bizarre, so I don't get how some people are so convinced that he's staying at Chelsea.
Simple. He wants a new contract and a pay rise. As soon as he dismisses teh rumors, he ends the chance of getting a new contract.

Bit arrogant and presumptious to think that all City fans are so devoid of hope that that we all believe that we can't attract such a player. I think there is chance we may get him and deep down (whatever the hell thats supposed to mean) I feel there is a chance we may get him. Until the club comes out and says we have ended interest in John Terry then as far as I am concerned we are moving Heaven and Earth to get him.

this is the most repetative thread ever!!!! no 1 knows whats going on so itS laughable when people state there opinion as fact, and i think i've said this like many on here but i'll say it again . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .IT ISN'T OVER UNTIL JT COMES OUT AND SAYS HE'S STAYING!

I like some think he wont come but i cant understand why he is feking about i can see him comeing out with a big daft grin and just giving City a big slapp down [what join City no way] i hope not i hope we get him

Find it odd to see people say there is zero percent chance of this happening. That kind of thinking is stupid when you examine the situation.

I'm also a bit sceptical of the idea that he is using City purely to get a better contract at Chelsea. Because it implies a number of things:

1) John Terry is using City and lying to our players about his eagerness to hear what we have to say to him.
2) By making two official bids and courting the player in the press, Hughes and Cook are completely oblivious to being lied to by the player. Something I find extremely hard to believe. SWP, Barry, Bridge - they too would need to be deceived.

or

3) we are in on the whole thing, allowing Terry to use us to get a better deal at Chelsea. Which is stupid.

The only logical outcome you can gain from the above if Terry ultimately stays at Chelsea is that he was/is genuinely interested in speaking to us.

IMO, all roads lead to his head being turned. Whether he makes the next step and turns that into a transfer request or decides to stay at Chelsea, I have no idea. But ultimately it makes no difference to where we stand now - that we do have a chance of signing him.

Daviesmcfc said:
hgblue said:

That's one interpretation of his silence, and I can't fault your logic. There is an alternative interpretation and that is that he wants this move, and Chelsea are doing their level best to keep him. The fact that we are continuing to pursue this transfer indicates to me that we have been given some encouragement by the player. I know you will probably say that this is part of his cunning ploy to squeeze some more money out of Chelsea, but there have been enough noises coming out of Terry camp to suggest that he's not happy at Chelsea to convince me that we're in with a chance. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.