John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blumers Bloomers said:
You're right powder blue. I reckon we need to give him some kind of deadline and either he hands in a transfer request or we walk away and move on to our next target. Considering we supposedly put a bid in for him in January , he's had some time to think about City being a possibility
Yes, but this is a MASSIVE diplomatic excercise for JT. These kind of deals really do need time. I'm confident we have our backups targeted. City would have walked away long ago if this didn't have legs. We have mentioned intent to sign the player publically. no way we would have done this without some form of consent from the player, imo

The most recent post on the Terry thread on CFCNet says...
JT just addressed fans at the hotel in Seattle...not leaving...gave his vow

I'd imagine it's only a matter of time until he makes this official.

PowderBlue said:
Matt.D said:
right up until midnight on deadline day. if we sign lescott, then we should set no deadline for the terry deal. if we missed out on a 2nd CB this summer because of this then so be it but we would still have Kompany, Dunne and Onouha to compete for that spot (presuming dunne wasnt allowed to leave before we signed terry).

We could pursue other centre halfs that are about instead of Terry but i think any chance we have of breaking into the top 4 depends entirely on Terry and if we missed out on him best we'd get is 5th anyway imo n the other centre backs we have are good enough to make that.

Okay but in which case we should be bidding on the next target - imho we dont have enough strength in depth in defence and anyone who argues different is wrong. It musnt be a case of Terry or no one

i said if we sign lescott then it should be Terry or noone. my argument was that we do have enough strength in depth to finish 5th, as i believe we will finish no higher without Terry. and the argument is based on evertons defence last season.. their 3 centre halfs were lescott, yobo and jagielka, and if we took lescott it would leave them with jagielka and yobo who i dont feel are any better than kompany/ned.

if your saying that we dont have enough strength in depth at the back to finish 4th then i deffo agree with this but i dont think theres any other centre half who we could get this summer that would push us into that top 4

whalley ranger said:
Blumers Bloomers said:
You're right powder blue. I reckon we need to give him some kind of deadline and either he hands in a transfer request or we walk away and move on to our next target. Considering we supposedly put a bid in for him in January , he's had some time to think about City being a possibility
Yes, but this is a MASSIVE diplomatic excercise for JT. These kind of deals really do need time. I'm confident we have our backups targeted. City would have walked away long ago if this didn't have legs. We have mentioned intent to sign the player publically. no way we would have done this without some form of consent from the player, imo

It does seem like a big thing for Mark Hughes to have talked about Terry publicly, he never usually does. Would he risk his friendship with Terry by making those sorts of statements in the media? I'm not so sure, given the type of cautious bloke Hughes is. I'm not saying Terry will come, I'm not convinced he's decided himself yet but it is very interesting for Hughes to have come out and made those comments and for Terry not to have denied them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.