John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
PowderBlue said:
dave_blue12 said:
The thing about JT's silence is that he can only keep silent with the agreement of Chelsea F.C.

He is their Captain and figurehead and hasn't given a single interview since coming back from holiday. There must be some pretty serious discussions going on between JT and Chelsea's management for this state of affairs to continue. The official Chelsea F.C. line that he is 100% staying is clearly bollocks. But I guess Ancelloti is used to spouting crap having worked for Berlusconi.

The only problem with all this from our point of view is it does not necessarily mean he is coming to us. But what it definitely does indicate is that all is not well between Chelsea F.C. and John Terry.

Fascinating !

Clearly he is unsettled, or else he would speak. How long do we give him though as we need to get the ball rolling on our next targets. There is no way on earth that we havent got a list - defence was/is still our main issue.

right up until midnight on deadline day. if we sign lescott, then we should set no deadline for the terry deal. if we missed out on a 2nd CB this summer because of this then so be it but we would still have Kompany, Dunne and Onouha to compete for that spot (presuming dunne wasnt allowed to leave before we signed terry).

We could pursue other centre halfs that are about instead of Terry but i think any chance we have of breaking into the top 4 depends entirely on Terry and if we missed out on him best we'd get is 5th anyway imo n the other centre backs we have are good enough to make that.

cosmic said:
What the the comments from Lampard

He's basically said he doesnt know if Terry will stay or not, and in the event that he does move on he should always be a Chelsea legend.

"Softening the blow" me thinks.

Coupled with Terrys silence, I seriously think he's coming. Anyone looked at the odds of late on us landing him, might be worth a punt or two tomorrow I think

When I first heard about this I thought it's stupid I know we have a lot of money but I always thought Terry was the one loyal player those chavs had but the more it goes on the more it seems like it might just happen but I still don't think it will.

Forzacitizens said:
even if Terry wants to come, Chelsea are still denying there going to sell, or is this just a big pr excersize?
the more i read about this saga the more i think chelsea are driving this whole thing forward they will sell i think when the price is right it reminds me a little of the kaka saga milan saying he is not for sale there is no price for KAKA and then selling him 5months later

chelsea know, i think that JT wants to leave and the statements coming out of stamford bridge have gone from the manager saying he will be here 100% next season to his best mate in the team lampard saying he is unsure what he will do but what ever he chooses will be the right thing for JT

when you leave an idea out there long enough no matter how extreme people get used to it and when it happens its like well we new that was coming this is what i think is happening with this transfer

when it happens the headlines will go along the lines of the inevitable has happened "john terry has joined man city" etc

Matt.D said:
PowderBlue said:
Clearly he is unsettled, or else he would speak. How long do we give him though as we need to get the ball rolling on our next targets. There is no way on earth that we havent got a list - defence was/is still our main issue.

right up until midnight on deadline day. if we sign lescott, then we should set no deadline for the terry deal. if we missed out on a 2nd CB this summer because of this then so be it but we would still have Kompany, Dunne and Onouha to compete for that spot (presuming dunne wasnt allowed to leave before we signed terry).

We could pursue other centre halfs that are about instead of Terry but i think any chance we have of breaking into the top 4 depends entirely on Terry and if we missed out on him best we'd get is 5th anyway imo n the other centre backs we have are good enough to make that.

Okay but in which case we should be bidding on the next target - imho we dont have enough strength in depth in defence and anyone who argues different is wrong. It musnt be a case of Terry or no one

cosmic said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1200728/Mega-rich-City-ante-improved-40m-bid-land-Terry.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

cosmic said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1200728/Mega-rich-City-ante-improved-40m-bid-land-Terry.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Terry.html</a>

PowderBlue said:
Matt.D said:

Okay but in which case we should be bidding on the next target - imho we dont have enough strength in depth in defence and anyone who argues different is wrong. It musnt be a case of Terry or no one

how do we know that other targets are not being chased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.