John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this is an SWP situation in reverse? When SWP went to Chelsea, City were in the shit financially and couldn't afford to turn £21m down. However, they also didn't want to look like the bad guys as that could have rebounded on them quite badly. So they came up with the story that SWP had requested to talk to Chelsea even though it was complete bollocks. He didn't want to go but was told by Wardle that is was necessary for the club's survival and that we had no choice.

So is this all about how they actually do the deal and manage the media, rather than about whether the deal is done at all?

First post (tin hat at the ready ;-) )....
Daily Mail have only just put this on the web (the article about JT statment) I presume?

Why now? as it is only 530am in Seattle right now.

Plus don't expect to hear anything soon - it wont be before 9am his time......

Its happened before where managers and players have held a press conference to announce they're leaving, remember our not-so favourite spanish waiter Benitez, before he joined scouse, he held a conference to announce he was leavin Valencia.
Maybe its just me being hopeful, but hey.....

EddH said:
First post (tin hat at the ready ;-) )....
Daily Mail have only just put this on the web (the article about JT statment) I presume?

Why now? as it is only 530am in Seattle right now.

Plus don't expect to hear anything soon - it wont be before 9am his time......

Terry's been talking in his sleep.

JOHNNYMARRISABLUE said:
Apologies for this as I have been following the cricket this morning.. but have City put in a 3rd Bid yet for Terry ?

Because if we have he is going to say he wants to speak to us about it in his press release

If not I reckon we have held off because we know he's going to state he wants to stay at Chelsea ?

Can anyone put me right , thanks in anticipation

Not yet mate, however papers are saying that we will make a bid in the region of 40million this week.

BillyShears said:
Putting aside the issue of whether or not he's going to issue a statement...

The damage to Chelsea has been done, IMO, by the quotes from Terry's best mate Lampard.

Those quotes, IMO, were the surest sign yet, that he is far from settled at Chelsea, that he is at the very least, SERIOUSLY considering joining us, and that this situation is nowhere near being resolved.

It's just a conspiracy theory, but Lampard made a point of going on about Terry leaving not being about money, but about other things. He reiterated it a couple of times, and he also reiterated a couple of times, that he believes whether Terry leaves or not he should always be regarded as a Chelsea legend.

Lampard was getting Terry's excuses in for him...

It's a tough one to call...but right now I think the odds are in our favour...

A decent insight, although the flip-side could also apply that Lampard was getting the excuses in, ahead of him staying at Chelsea.

There are a number of fences to be rebuilt, anyway, if Terry does stay. Lampard suggesting Terry's indecision was down to ambition rather than cash, also does the trick.

Lampard's comments also shouldn't be read in to too much. He is by no means the good buddy he once was with Terry.

Remember they had a major falling-out last year when they were supposed to hold firm in talks and Lampard did the dirty and got a better pay deal out.

If there is a statement from JT then it will be down to the fact he is staying. He has remained quiet about the whole situation. If he was to hand in a transfer request then it would be the club announcing it to make out that JT is a Judas and ease the pressure from the fans on them. JT would not need to release a statement as City would continue along the same lines that they have in the past.
Sorry to be so negative but I can't see how JT making a statement about a transfer request would make any difference to the current situation:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.