John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ox-blue said:
Never mind if it is bad news for our club but it's definatly unsettled yours

I think fans put too much value on how these things affect the team morale. Lampard was in the same situation, signed a new contract eventually and proceeded to have a top season, was probably one of Chelsea's best players in 08/09.

As long as Terry issues a statement that he's committed to the club, it will cease to be a distraction for the club/teammates. Fans are a different matter but modern supporters are a fickle bunch and as long as he delivers on the pitch, they'll be content.

If Terry announces that he leaves, now that's a different story.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
The bottom line is Terry is trying to play a clever game, and he is doing what he can to play both sides, at the end of the day, I think ideally he would like to stay at Chelsea, but on the money, he would get at City. Chelsea for their part must be seriously pissed off at the way he is using the situation and City are waiting in the wings, just incase the whole thing blows up in Terry's face.

In a nutshell.
Terry's agent can demand more dosh from Chelski to keep him,and either he gets more to stay and plays the "one club hero" or clears off to us,and gets a lot more dosh.
Its win/win for him,and I think he is milking this situation like a rag milks a tragedy.

Posted by spursmad

The JT deal isn't dead, City will make an improved offer, JT still wants to come.

Your next target is Toure from the London scum.

This move doesn't effect the Lescott deal.

Cheers

Spursmad321

BibbyBlue85 said:
Posted by spursmad

The JT deal isn't dead, City will make an improved offer, JT still wants to come.

Cheers

Spursmad321
Wow interesting, I assume if we landed all three, Lescott at LB???

BibbyBlue85 said:
Posted by spursmad

Cheers

Spursmad321

Thats what i was thinking but apparently he doesn't like to play there so i don't know. Toure can play right back aswell as centreback so both hughes and spursmad are definately keeping us guessing

bobrivers said:
ox-blue said:
Never mind if it is bad news for our club but it's definatly unsettled yours

I think fans put too much value on how these things affect the team morale. Lampard was in the same situation, signed a new contract eventually and proceeded to have a top season, was probably one of Chelsea's best players in 08/09.

As long as Terry issues a statement that he's committed to the club, it will cease to be a distraction for the club/teammates. Fans are a different matter but modern supporters are a fickle bunch and as long as he delivers on the pitch, they'll be content.

If Terry announces that he leaves, now that's a different story.

I agree to a certain extent, but I do wonder whether Terry will be a slightly different case to Lampard. In his situation, there seemed to be less of a "falling out" with the club, and more a case of him genuinely being interested in going to play under Mourinho at Inter. It seems that with Terry, and this is not just speculation, that he is genuinely unhappy with several things at Chelsea, and has been since at least December of last year (that's when I first heard that he had expressed an interest in joining us).

I also think that his silence in recent weeks is particularly deafening. You cannot deny that whatever is still going on behind the scenes, he is far from satisfied with the club he's currently at. After all he has been in a room with plenty of journalists in recent days and has steadfastly refused to speak to any of them, when all he still has to do is say "I'm happy at Chelsea and am not interested in moving."

BibbyBlue85 said:
Posted by spursmad

Cheers

Spursmad321

I think what he's saying is that it's one of JT or Toure, plus Lescott...rather than all three.

No I reckon its all three just like we bought three strikers!

Remember Toure like Adebayour will be missin for a month in the winter for the Africas Cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.