John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read it carefully folks....
And I would say exactly what "Indications" is the journo on about?
I suggest they are the ones he's made up.

I'll weait until Mr Terry says yea or nay thanks rather than believe press shite.

fulhamroad22 said:
"Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon flew from Los Angeles  where he met with the sponsors of the club’s pre-season tour, which kicked off on Saturday with a comfortable 2-0 victory over Seattle Sounders  to Seattle and the indications are that he is preparing to announce that a new deal has been settled upon. With three years left on his present deal, Chelsea had hoped not to have to renegotiate but accept that it is now necessary.
The club would dearly love to make that announcement within the next few days, with Terry also then speaking publically for the first time since City made their offer, but with the relationship with the defender having been strained, they are also being careful not to force the issue. There is annoyance at City’s persistence and this may eventually conclude with an official complaint being made, especially after comments by Mark Hughes that Terry should consider moving on, but that remains unlikely."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-not-be-slated-for-Manchester-City-talks.html
If true then what this means is that Terry has taken Chelsea for a ride and forced them into offering him even more money in his wages than he currently gets. If this is the best possible scenario for Chelsea then it's not exactly brilliant is it?

alextrueblue said:
terry comes = unbelievable
terry stays = think he owes us an og or 2 for getting him a better contract at chelski!

....as would all the other Chelsea players whose contracts would surely be renegotiated northwards! Except of course Sturridge who didn't move for the money.

Matty said:
fulhamroad22 said:
"Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon flew from Los Angeles  where he met with the sponsors of the club’s pre-season tour, which kicked off on Saturday with a comfortable 2-0 victory over Seattle Sounders  to Seattle and the indications are that he is preparing to announce that a new deal has been settled upon. With three years left on his present deal, Chelsea had hoped not to have to renegotiate but accept that it is now necessary.
The club would dearly love to make that announcement within the next few days, with Terry also then speaking publically for the first time since City made their offer, but with the relationship with the defender having been strained, they are also being careful not to force the issue. There is annoyance at City’s persistence and this may eventually conclude with an official complaint being made, especially after comments by Mark Hughes that Terry should consider moving on, but that remains unlikely."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-not-be-slated-for-Manchester-City-talks.html
If true then what this means is that Terry has taken Chelsea for a ride and forced them into offering him even more money in his wages than he currently gets. If this is the best possible scenario for Chelsea then it's not exactly brilliant is it?

Nah, but it'd still be good to keep him. I've lost a bit of respect for him, though.

As another poster said, pretty much all the reports contradict each other so it is difficult to know what to believe.

Kinkys Left Foot said:
Read it carefully folks....
And I would say exactly what "Indications" is the journo on about?
I suggest they are the ones he's made up.

I'll weait until Mr Terry says yea or nay thanks rather than believe press shite.

Exactly. By "indications" he is surely talking about the same bits and bats we are all privy too - the fact that he's gone to USA etc.

There's nothing in that story.forget it.

fulhamroad22 said:
Nah, but it'd still be good to keep him. I've lost a bit of respect for him, though.

As another poster said, pretty much all the reports contradict each other so it is difficult to know what to believe.

If I was a Chelsea fan I would not be happy with the way he has behaved during this entire saga.
If he does sign another contract and declare his love for you(which I think is what this has all been about) will you and other Chelsea fans still see him as Mr Chelsea ?

stony said:
fulhamroad22 said:

If I was a Chelsea fan I would not be happy with the way he has behaved during this entire saga.
If he does sign another contract and declare his love for you(which I think is what this has all been about) will you and other Chelsea fans still see him as Mr Chelsea ?

I guess we'd still be proud of the fact that he grew up with Chelsea and is now England captain which is a pretty massive position to be in. However, I'd say Frank Lampard is the most popular player at the bridge- he has been for quite a few seasons now. It's more respect for them as players rather than respect for them as people as everyone knows footballers will always have their head turned by money.

Fulham Road, your tone is changing by the day here.

As an aside, when he comes back to Stamford Bridge in sky blue, how will he be received by the Chelsea fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.