John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
fulhamroad22 said:
Super Ned said:

It suggests Terry is about to sign a new contract, which would kind of end this whole saga which this whole 900-odd page thread is about...

well in that case, have a read of this <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/19/john-terry-in-turmoil-as-relationship-with-chelsea-at-breaking-point-115875-21530378/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21530378/</a>

Didsbury Dave said:
Fulham Road, your tone is changing by the day here.

As an aside, when he comes back to Stamford Bridge in sky blue, how will he be received by the Chelsea fans?

IF mate, come on let's not get giddy. There's along way to go with this!

Didsbury Dave said:
Fulham Road, your tone is changing by the day here.

As an aside, when he comes back to Stamford Bridge in sky blue, how will he be received by the Chelsea fans?

1. I'm not convinced he will come back to the Bridge in a sky blue shirt (unless we have a cool away shirt next season). I'm pretty sure he'll stay, I'd say it's 70% he'll go back to Chelsea, 30% leave for City as I have said before.

2. I think most supporters would turn on him, such a modern day ignorant and naive football supporters. I wouldn't turn on him, though and I also see the benefits in selling for such a high price.

stony said:
fulhamroad22 said:
Nah, but it'd still be good to keep him. I've lost a bit of respect for him, though.

As another poster said, pretty much all the reports contradict each other so it is difficult to know what to believe.

If I was a Chelsea fan I would not be happy with the way he has behaved during this entire saga.
If he does sign another contract and declare his love for you(which I think is what this has all been about) will you and other Chelsea fans still see him as Mr Chelsea ?

How has he behaved exactly? He's been on his holidays for the large part FFS!
Other than that, all we really have is what's being reported by our wonderful journalists - all of which can be taken with a very big pinch of salt.

Of course he'll still be held in high regard by Chelsea fans - this little episode will mean nothing.

Super Ned said:
fulhamroad22 said:
It suggests Terry is about to sign a new contract, which would kind of end this whole saga which this whole 900-odd page thread is about...

well in that case, have a read of this <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/19/john-terry-in-turmoil-as-relationship-with-chelsea-at-breaking-point-115875-21530378/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21530378/</a>

Meanwhile you can have a read of this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...atement-Manchester-City-rumours.html?ITO=1490 and this http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...icle-23721470-details/article.do?ito=newsnow&.

Basically, as I have said over and over again, all of the press contradict each other on this story, many ITKs' are getting it wrong, guessing or saying things that cannot be proved and we don't know for sure what is happening, although there have been some quotes about contracts for JT directly from the club.

CFCnibs said:
stony said:
If I was a Chelsea fan I would not be happy with the way he has behaved during this entire saga.
If he does sign another contract and declare his love for you(which I think is what this has all been about) will you and other Chelsea fans still see him as Mr Chelsea ?

You seem to have missed the fact that he could quite easily have come out and said he was staying at Stamford Bridge. But he hasn't done so, has he. He's either planning on leaving, or he's pretending to Chelsea that he might leave... so he can get them over a barrel and push up his wages.

Either way, he's not behaving how a truly loyal Chelsea player should behave.

CITYROBBO said:
I hope JT says at chelsea, 40 mill for a 28yr is madness!

We don't seem to have a budget though, so it doesn't matter to us. The important thing for City is getting in the players to make us a top 4 side.

CITYROBBO said:
I hope JT says at chelsea, 40 mill for a 28yr is madness!

In pure footballing terms, yes probably.

But then again, he is an undesputed leader and winner and he could provide our whole team with the winning mentality that we need. What price is that?

Also, how much easier will it be to sign David Villa (or whoever) in January once JT has left Chelsea for us.

the £40m buys us much more than a centre half.

CFCnibs said:
Other than that, all we really have is what's being reported by our wonderful journalists - all of which can be taken with a very big pinch of salt.

Of course he'll still be held in high regard by Chelsea fans - this little episode will mean nothing.
In the past, back in January no less, Terry wasn't too shy in coming forward, speaking to the press and reiterating his stance that he was staying at Chelsea and didn't have any intentions of going anywhere. That's all that would be required this time as well to see City move on and this whole saga nipped in the bud. Terry has been conspicuously quiet. If he was summering in the Amazon, cut off from civilization, with no phone or computer to hand, and no agent to speak for him, then your stance might hold some water. But, that not being the case, it's undeniable that one of two things has been happening:-

1 - Terry has been legitimately considering a move away from Chelsea and to City.

2 - Terry has been using City's interest in order to force Chelsea's hand into offering him a new improved contract with a weekly wage comparable to what he could have received at City.

Whichever option is true, to simply disregard everything as if the situation isn't happening is rather foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.