John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bobrivers said:
Pam said:
Apologies if posted before but the Daily Minger is talking about early resolution. Trouble with this is if there is some sort of a cut off point, what are the remedies. What are they going to do about it if he ignores them. He's been doing this for weeks. Nobody can force him to put in a request by Friday if he is minded not to. The issue of meaningless deadlines and ultimatums are counter productive. Acholotti haven't grasped this for some reason. He issues a deadline but nothing changes, so he issues more deadlines and nothing happens and with every ultamatum . The more he does this, the more stupid he seems to become.

Kenyon is no Einstein either.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/21/john-terry-future-will-be-sorted-within-the-week-chelsea-manager-carlo-ancelotti-115875-21536576/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21536576/</a>

Where did he say anything about deadlines? Ancelotti said he thinks the situation with Terry will be clear within a week,that's all.

What is that obsession of twisting every little piece of tabloid rubbish into something negative towards Chelsea?

The chelski hierarchy dont want Terry, they feel his influence off the pitch is too strong and detrimental, he will be coming to MCFC.

ussy said:
scall1 said:
Dunno whether this has already been mentioned, but I heard today that John Terry's agent has been knocking about Cheshire looking at houses. With Terry away in the USA, it makes sense that his agent would be househunting for him. And I think this is just one of the jobs that agents get involved in.
yeah his agent popped around my house for a cup of tea as well... gave him some crumpets, he goes JT will sign for us 101% coz his life long dream has been to play under MH.

I reckon you're onto something there mate, JT and MH top mates!

Yes i'm taking the piss!

fulhamroad22 said:
bobrivers said:
Where did he say anything about deadlines? Ancelotti said he thinks the situation with Terry will be clear within a week,that's all.

What is that obsession of twisting every little piece of tabloid rubbish into something negative towards Chelsea?

Exactly. I came on this site to pick up on the City perspective of this saga and I think the most amusing aspect is the extent to which many City fans on here will cling onto every chunk of information from speculation from newspapers and randoms who claim to know something as long as it supports City's cause, yet when an article or quote suggests a break through for Chelsea, people are quick to write it off.

Generally, if I were to post an article saying Chelsea will announce they are keeping JT in the following week with quotes from one of Roman's advisors it'd be quickly be denounced of rubbish. Press speculation, but if it is an article saying one of ADUG's advisors expects to sign Terry it's 'interesting' and some people will go totally overboard.

I don't think it's a bad thing, I just think it's amusing. I've never seen a football support be so reliant on speculation but can also turn on speculation at the same time.

I think you are right we all back the stories or rumours we want to hear - I even believe the Daily Mirror is telling the truth for a few seconds when it says something I want to hear ! - not that that's often. The main feature of this Terry saga is certainly the silence of the man himself. It is inexplicable and it is difficult to reconcile with him loving Chelsea and wanting to stay but I guess nothing would suprise me and anything can happen. I think this will get resolved quite quickly next week - for no reason other than Terry has to get off the fence sooner or later. The other odd scenario is Ancelotti's position - is he being clever i.e. he knows what Terry will do or is he dumb and he is reading a script prepared by Kenyon. He could come out of this looking like his finger is on the pulse or looking like a complete clown.

big blueballs said:
of course we do in the same way you blindly believe that mr chelsea would not even consider city, but obviously is doing

Well, you're making that up. Never have I said he wouldn't consider City. I think he would be an idiot not to in my opinion. All I've said is I think the indications suggest he may be more likely to stay.

Yes, guys, I know it's your forum. I'm not having a dig I was just noting something I noticed of you lot.

fulhamroad22 said:
big blueballs said:
of course we do in the same way you blindly believe that mr chelsea would not even consider city, but obviously is doing

Well, you're making that up. Never have I said he wouldn't consider City. I think he would be an idiot not to in my opinion. All I've said is I think the indications suggest he may be more likely to stay.

Yes, guys, I know it's your forum. I'm not having a dig I was just noting something I noticed of you lot.

It's got to be 50/50 mate, over 2 weeks now and he's still not said anything. And this is the man the call Mr Chelsea. I f you accepted the bid he'd be here within a flash.

fulhamroad22 said:
big blueballs said:

725u.gif

fulhamroad22 said:
big blueballs said:

my post was aimed at chelsea fans in general in the same way you aimed your comment at all city fans

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theshedend.com/index.php?showtopic=12003&st=1260&start=1260" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theshedend.com/index.php?sho ... start=1260</a>

Bad news for Chelski from Lumplard.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/21/roman-abramovich-to-fly-to-la-and-reject-manchester-city-s-latest-bid-for-john-terry-115875-21535850/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21535850/</a>
Search Mirror.co.uk
Site Map Tags RSS
HOMENEWSSPORTCELEBSTV & ENTERTAINMENTLIFE & STYLEADVICETRAVELOPINIONFUN & GAMESVIDEO
Football Pictures Columnists Rugby Cricket Motorsport Racing More Sports Topics

Roman Abramovich to fly to LA and reject Manchester City's latest bid for John Terry

21/07/2009

Roman Abramovich will fly in to join Chelsea’s US tour today – and immediately reject Manchester City’s latest bid for John Terry.

Big-spending City will make an increased bid for England captain Terry this week after making it clear they are prepared to go up to £40million.

But Chelsea owner Abramovich is determined to stand firm and resist City’s attempts to pull off one of the most audacious transfers in Premier League history.

Chelsea may be willing to give Terry an improved contract but will not match City’s proposals of a £280,000-a-week five-year deal, which is double his current earnings at Stamford Bridge.

That has left Terry, 28, in turmoil as his head has been turned by City’s offer and his future is on a knife-edge.

Terry’s close friend and team- mate Frank Lampard has admitted he does not know whether the centre half is staying. Chelsea have also stopped Ricardo Carvalho leaving until Terry’s future is resolved.

Chelsea are hoping to persuade Terry to stay and make an announcement during their four-game tour of the US.

Abramovich will be at tonight’s friendly with Inter Milan, who are managed by Chelsea former boss Jose Mourinho, and is hoping his presence and relationship with Terry may prove crucial.

Terry has held showdown talks with Abramovich and Chelsea will continue their discussions throughout the pre-season trip to keep their captain happy.

Advertisement - article continues below »

But Terry will have to ask to leave if he wants to quit Chelsea and Lampard has also hinted that it is not just about money.

Terry called for the club to spend big this summer but Chelsea have only signed Daniel Sturridge, Ross Turnbull and £18m Russian midfielder Yuri Zhirkov, who arrived in the US yesterday.

Carvalho last night admitted he is still uncertain of his future at Stamford Bridge.

He is a target for his former boss Mourinho at Inter but Chelsea have told him he is going nowhere until John Terry’s future is resolved.

Portugal defender Carvalho was left frustrated after falling out of favour last season and is anxious to discover whether he is in Carlo Ancelotti’s plans for next season.

Carvalho said: "I have started pre-season with my team-mates – you never know what may happen in the future.

"The stories about me going there started last season. There was a chance but then it finished. I have got a contract here so I will carry on and do my best.

"Last year was disappointing – I didn’t play. I was injured for quite a long time. I was not happy and maybe the club wasn’t happy with me. But now I have to get myself fit and ready to play.

"The new manager has been good. I will have to work with him. I want to get a chance with him."

Could you write about your football team? Mirror.co.uk is looking for football fans to blog about their club next season. Email dan.silver@mirror.co.uk and explain why you want to be the voice of your club on Mirror.co.uk

Get player videos and transfer news round-ups on the Football Spy blog.

FREE £25 BET WITH BETFAIR

Win a Mini Convertible

PrintSend Share on: FacebookTwitterPundititOthers
Search Mirror.co.uk
RSS | Site Map | Tags

Search Local Mole for a comprehensive business directory list
Be the first to comment

More Top Football Stories

Samir Nasri out for three months with a broken leg
Arsenal's French midfielder Samir Nasri has been ruled out for two to...

Steven Gerrard CCTV: Watch the moment Liverpool star 'lost it and punched man in the face with the speed of a boxer'
England footballer Steven Gerrard "totally lost it" and hit a man "with the...

Video: Transfer news round-up and analysis from Football Spy - July 21
Is John Terry going to Manchester City, or not? Will Cristiano Ronaldo and...

David Beckham expects to return to AC Milan
David Beckham is confident he will be back at AC Milan next season.

Sunderland disappointed as deal for Peter Crouch falls apart

Ads by Google
Abramovich in the News
Russian Billionaire in the News Exclusive Interviews. Watch Online!
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.russiatoday.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.russiatoday.com</a>
Liverpool Shirts On Sale
New Season Liverpool Shirts Here Only £7.79, Buy Now!
LightInTheBox.com/LiverpoolShirts
Chelsea 3rd Shirt
Great deals on football shirts Feed your passion on eBay.co.uk!
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebay.co.uk/football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.ebay.co.uk/football</a>
Be the first to comment
Recommend
PrintSend Share this Article on: FacebookDiggTwitterFarkPunditit
Related Galleries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.