John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
The ITK on the shed forum who says Terry is leaving...is he well respected, gets his info right etc etc?

YERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR HARRR!!!! *sorry, couldn't help it :( *

only1paulsimpson said:
one of the best in europe???

and what terry does show by being interested in joining us is wanting to be a part of something special,a transition.that he feels he no longer gets at chelsea.
we can talk about ambition because that is what we at city have in abundance from the fans right up to our owner.and nowthe wheels are firmly in motion to achieve our goals and the "top 4" are shitting bricks.

Yes, one of the best in Europe.
03/04 - CL semifinal
04/05 - CL semifinal
05/06 - 1st knockout stage
06/07 - CL semifinal
07/08 - CL final
08/09 - CL semifinal

I'd call that being one of the best in Europe. With a little bit of luck we could have won the thing but no one can deny we were one of the best and most consistent teams in Europe this past few years.

I can understand City fans desire to believe that these big names joining them now do it for other reasons than just filling their pockets, but you don't have to be a genius to realize that a player like Terry at this stage of his career has nothing to gain by that move except doubling his wages. Even Barry may have a bit of a case by switching from Villa since he had won fuck all there and may be thinking he's got a better shot with City. What will Terry ever be able to accomplish with MCFC that he already hasn't done with Chelsea?

We as a club have been through that before. Roman spent the most money in his first summer yet we won nothing under Ranieri in 03/04. Most of the big names from the continent like Veron,Cespo,Mutu etc never settled and eventually left. Until you get the right manager and the right set of players you'll never accomplish anything, even with lots of money. Then there's a question of huge disparity in wages within the squad and all these big egos in the dressing room. Are you sure Hughes is capable of handling them?

svennis pennis said:
Matty said:
There's definitely more to this Terry saga than simply City making a bid, Chelsea rejecting it and Terry not wanting to move. As has been said, Terry would have come out publically and pledged himself to Chelsea by now if he was 100% certain to stay.

I still feel he's using this to try and get a wage increase from Chelsea rather than a move to City, but there's always that chance he feels he needs a 'new challenge' or that he won't be happy with Chelsea's wage offer/lack of wage offer based on City's interest and decides to move on. It's a long shot, but not beyond the realms of possibility.

I just want it sorted, one way or the other, and quickly. It's clear to anyone taking a look at our squad we need defensive help, especially with Kompany missing the start of the season. Lescott may or may not be joining us, Lucio is another named being linked, but whoever we bring in (and I think we need 2 central defenders, ideally Lescott as one of them to provide cover for Bridge at left back) we need to do so with a certain amount of haste.

I agree that he will get a nice pay rise, but press conference at 2 could shed a slither of light onto the situation.

There is a press conference at 2? Ooh. Which team is it for?

fulhamroad22 said:
svennis pennis said:
Matty said:
There's definitely more to this Terry saga than simply City making a bid, Chelsea rejecting it and Terry not wanting to move. As has been said, Terry would have come out publically and pledged himself to Chelsea by now if he was 100% certain to stay.

I still feel he's using this to try and get a wage increase from Chelsea rather than a move to City, but there's always that chance he feels he needs a 'new challenge' or that he won't be happy with Chelsea's wage offer/lack of wage offer based on City's interest and decides to move on. It's a long shot, but not beyond the realms of possibility.

I just want it sorted, one way or the other, and quickly. It's clear to anyone taking a look at our squad we need defensive help, especially with Kompany missing the start of the season. Lescott may or may not be joining us, Lucio is another named being linked, but whoever we bring in (and I think we need 2 central defenders, ideally Lescott as one of them to provide cover for Bridge at left back) we need to do so with a certain amount of haste.

I agree that he will get a nice pay rise, but press conference at 2 could shed a slither of light onto the situation.

There is a press conference at 2? Ooh. Which team is it for?
Man City.

email from my chelsea mate..probably means bugger all

"Chelsea season tickets were released a few weeks ago with 10 legends in a row displayed on them, from John Terry to Peter Osgood via Gianfranco Zola…

Chelsea memberships were released this morning with 10 legends in a row displayed on them too… Same players shown, except JT has been removed and Lamps in his place…"

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
fulhamroad22 said:
I don't know, I don't post on the Shed. I don't really believe ITK's even if people say they are well respected etc. Because often their timings are way out or they are wrong.

I'm just interested to know if he has a good track record or not!

Hmm, yeah, it would be interesting. I don't see many Chelsea ITKs' either :P

Wish I was an ITK.

Breaking News- My source just bumped into Kaka, Ronaldo and Messi and they are staying at a hotel in London. They are sharing a room with Roman Abramovic and have all handed in transfer requests at their respective clubs (despite two of them not even having kicked a ball for their club).

bluemonkey71 said:

"Chelsea season tickets were released a few weeks ago with 10 legends in a row displayed on them, from John Terry to Peter Osgood via Gianfranco Zola…

Chelsea memberships were released this morning with 10 legends in a row displayed on them too… Same players shown, except JT has been removed and Lamps in his place…"

Yeah, my Season Ticket has JT on it. Peter Osgood, Ray Wilkins, Dennis Wise, Marcel Dessaily, Gianfranco Zola and John Terry from left to right.

bluemonkey71 said:

Interesting if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.