John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
wrongun73 said:
fulhamroad22 said:
I feel the most important development in this situation is the suggestion by Peter Kenyon that JT wants a new contract and Chelsea will be happy to do that. The fact we were offering Lampard a contract last season wasn't shouted from the rooftops until it was signed and I think it is a similar situation here. It appears that JT is using City's interest to influence negotiations and he is not making any statements to save his reputation. He can't say he is staying with Chelsea no matter what as it would reduce his contract, he can't say he will only stay if he gets an improved contract and he certainly can't say he wants to leave for City if he only wanted an improved Chelsea contract. The latter two options would destroy his reputation at Chelsea.

I feel we won't hear anything from JT until the contract is signed.

he's fucking wank mate, we never wanted him in the first place, just wanted to see what you'd say.. etc etc

*this is not a rag forum, if it was they are the sort of answers that would now be flooding in*

Excuse naivety but by RAG you mean United fan? If you mean that, I think your spot on.

fulhamroad22 said:
wrongun73 said:
fulhamroad22 said:
I feel the most important development in this situation is the suggestion by Peter Kenyon that JT wants a new contract and Chelsea will be happy to do that. The fact we were offering Lampard a contract last season wasn't shouted from the rooftops until it was signed and I think it is a similar situation here. It appears that JT is using City's interest to influence negotiations and he is not making any statements to save his reputation. He can't say he is staying with Chelsea no matter what as it would reduce his contract, he can't say he will only stay if he gets an improved contract and he certainly can't say he wants to leave for City if he only wanted an improved Chelsea contract. The latter two options would destroy his reputation at Chelsea.

he's fucking wank mate, we never wanted him in the first place, just wanted to see what you'd say.. etc etc

*this is not a rag forum, if it was they are the sort of answers that would now be flooding in*

Excuse naivety but by RAG you mean United fan? If you mean that, I think your spot on.
yeah mate, rags, cunts, twats... whatever takes your fancy

bluemooner_mcfc said:
fulhamroad22 said:

i think your spot on.

Defo.

Terry key for City
Richard Bailey sees a clear and clever strategy in City's pursuit of Terry
By Richard Bailey Last updated: 16th July 2009

Terry: A sign of City's intent

Also see
Man City fixtures
Man City stats
Man City forum
..The arrival of Carlos Tevez at Eastlands on Tuesday confirmed that Manchester City mean business this season but perhaps a transfer that is yet to happen best highlights their striving intent for silverware.

Despite splashing out over £50million on the likes of Tevez, Gareth Barry and Roque Santa Cruz this summer, with the possibility of Emmanuel Adebayor to come, it is City's ongoing pursuit of Chelsea and England captain John Terry that has captured the imagination.

Terry epitomises what Chelsea stand for. He is the link between the fans and the players. He is in effect one of their own. It seems unthinkable that the 28-year-old could even contemplate a career away from Stamford Bridge but there lies the attraction for City.

If they can buy lure John Terry from Stamford Bridge then surely anybody can be bought for the right price.

City were widely ridiculed for their somewhat clumsy attempt to sign Kaka in January but it seems they are finally being recognised as a major player in world football, with everyone sitting up and taking their high profile pursuit of Terry seriously.

A more realistic target would surely be Terry's team-mate at Chelsea Ricardo Carvalho. Unsettled and desperate for a way out of the Bridge, the Portuguese centre-half, considered a better all round defender than Terry by some, would fit City's growing need for a defender perfectly.

Clear message
However, the fact that City could secure Carvalho's services for around a tenth of the cost it would take to land Terry would not send out the same message as signing the England captain.

City have already had two bids turned down for the player but Hughes is almost certain to come back with a third to truly test Chelsea's resolve.

Terry is yet to clarify his future, causing many people to suggest he is seriously pondering the switch. Money is undoubtedly going to play a part with wages of up to £200k a week mooted but Hughes has called for the player to 're-ignite' his career and embark on new 'challenge' at the City of Manchester Stadium.

City's audacious attempts to land the Blues skipper also highlight the fact that Hughes knows that if his side are to mount a serious challenge to break the 'big four' and whisper it quietly, a serious push for Premier League title, he needs to improve a defence that, last season, had the ability to implode at any given moment.

The marquee signings of Tevez, Santa Cruz and Adebayor may get bums on seats but it is a sturdy, rock solid defence that wins trophies.

If last season's showing is anything to go by City are already well stocked on strikers, with the club scoring more goals than any club outside of the top four. However their defence is another matter.

Hughes saw his side concede 50 goals from their 38 Premier League games last year - more than any other team in the top half - meaning that the Welshman desperately needs Terry's leadership and organising skills, as well as his no nonsense style at the back.

Defensive options
Joleon Lescott, Kolo Toure, William Gallas and Carles Puyol have all been linked with a move to Eastlands; should they miss out on Terry they have enough options out there to improve their shaky backline.

Time will tell whether Hughes can manage the huge egos now present in his squad and mould a team capable of challenging the top flight's elite. But one thing is certain - City's movements in the transfer market will have Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal nervously looking over their shoulder.

The 'big four's' monopoly on the Premier League has been broken just once in the past seven seasons - when Everton finished above Liverpool in 2004/05 - but the possible arrival of Terry at City could truly signal the beginning of a new top flight power

Quote Hughes.

"We are also looking to strengthen the defence. Every transfer deal is difficult and has different problems."

"There are areas which we need to address but we are happy with our progress
."

That doesn't suggest to me that we've given up or that Terry has committed himself to Chelsea. Progress with both player's is probably being made. It still doesn't mean they 'will' sign though.

My take. Terry has probably been given the green light to look at our offer on the QT by Chelsea to appease him and Chelsea have also offered him a new deal as well. Terry's choice.

I agree with Fulhamroad....i think JT is just using the situation to enhance his own contract....we wont here a word from him until he signs his new and improved contract.......

If i wasa chelsea fan though id be livid with Terry...he may have damaged his reputation at the bridge beyond repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.