John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
fulhamroad22 said:
Reluctantly, I'd accept a £40 Million bid for Terry. He is getting quite old, is becoming more injury prone and it is a lot of money to take in for a defender. Maybe, it's time to cash in. I would be sad to see Chelsea lose it's England captain, but I'd always see him as a player made by Chelsea. Lampard is a similar chracter, though, not quite as influential, but I'd be happy to see him wear the arm band.

I hope, if we sell him, the money will go straight into new transfers. If we lose Terry we will need a young centre back with the potential or ability to be world class, we will need a creative midfielder and a third striker. Weirdly, selling JT for such a high price could make Chelsea the strongest team in the league.

If he doesn't go, we still get a fantastic leader, an England captain in our ranks and a player to be proud of despite the problems we've had in this saga.

I'm no longer bitter, JT has been a hero to us for years and would understand if he wanted to try something new. Naturally, I wouldn't wish him too much success but I wish him happiness.

So, either way, I see great benefits for Chelsea.

What do you make of Lampards latest quotes it the mail?

The Fixer said:
fulhamroad22 said:
Reluctantly, I'd accept a £40 Million bid for Terry. He is getting quite old, is becoming more injury prone and it is a lot of money to take in for a defender. Maybe, it's time to cash in. I would be sad to see Chelsea lose it's England captain, but I'd always see him as a player made by Chelsea. Lampard is a similar chracter, though, not quite as influential, but I'd be happy to see him wear the arm band.

I hope, if we sell him, the money will go straight into new transfers. If we lose Terry we will need a young centre back with the potential or ability to be world class, we will need a creative midfielder and a third striker. Weirdly, selling JT for such a high price could make Chelsea the strongest team in the league.

If he doesn't go, we still get a fantastic leader, an England captain in our ranks and a player to be proud of despite the problems we've had in this saga.

I'm no longer bitter, JT has been a hero to us for years and would understand if he wanted to try something new. Naturally, I wouldn't wish him too much success but I wish him happiness.

I think he's being honest. JT appears to be thinking about it. We don't really know what is happening here, I just hope he'll come out and make his decision soon.

I don't think it really suggests he's going to go, I think it more suggests he is considering his options. Fair play to the man, I say. I think in the immediate future he could do better playing for Chelsea in terms of silverware, but at the same time City must be an exciting and attractive project and there is the money too.

bobrivers said:
I also genuinely believe, being as biased as I am, that such move would prove to be a mistake for John. City with all the money at their disposal can buy their way out of trouble and can afford to make costly errors in the transfer market. Terry though, as a player and a man, won't be able to turn around later and say oops sorry, let's pretend nothing happened.

I agree that this is a possibility, but that's John's £200k+ per week risk?

fulhamroad22 said:

I can understand your reasoning to an extent but I think the longer this drags on the more it will reflect badly on Terry. He's not doing anyone any favours at the moment, least of all himself. In terms of Chelsea, his continued silence means that every Press Conference or club event is being over shadowed by talk of him wanting away. To the point where nearly all his high profile team mates have been asked their opinions on it. IF Terry does want to come to City, the longer he says nothing means less time for Chelsea to get a replacement in. This doesn't concern me as a City fan, but if I was a Chelsea fan him messing the club about in such a way would annoy me nearly as much as him leaving. It also means that whilst this speculation continues he is being talked about negatively by the Chelsea fans, as a crowd favourite there it is not something he's used to.
From a City point of view, whilst Terry refusing to comment is exciting/encouraging to think we may actually get him, the longer it drags on, should he decide to stay where he is, this will mean less time for us to go out and get someone else in. Basically, as long as JT keeps up his monk-like vow of silence he is doing neither Chelsea, himself (public perception) or City any favours. To be blunt he really needs to piss or get off the pot.

This signing would guarantee at least uefa champions league for the season after next.

20 July 2009
Frank Lampard adds to uncertainty over John Terry's future
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6719687.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 719687.ece</a>

BLOOMUEN said:
bobrivers said:
I also genuinely believe, being as biased as I am, that such move would prove to be a mistake for John. City with all the money at their disposal can buy their way out of trouble and can afford to make costly errors in the transfer market. Terry though, as a player and a man, won't be able to turn around later and say oops sorry, let's pretend nothing happened.

He's already a very rich man.

The backlash from the switch to City would be huge, most CFC fans wouldn't be very understanding.

I guess it's all about what his priorities are.

fulhamroad22 said:
The Fixer said:

I think he's being honest. JT appears to be thinking about it. We don't really know what is happening here, I just hope he'll come out and make his decision soon.

I don't think it really suggests he's going to go, I think it more suggests he is considering his options. Fair play to the man, I say. I think in the immediate future he could do better playing for Chelsea in terms of silverware, but at the same time City must be an exciting and attractive project and there is the money too.

Although popular to knock Fwank, I've always quite liked the fella and was well impressed with the way in which he challenged that knobhead of a presenter a few months back wrt to his marital problems - bang on! I do feel though that he is deliberately trying to create a softer landing for JT with these comments, honest or not.

BLOOMUEN said:
bobrivers said:

I agree. I mean JT will not be a club legend, sadly, if he goes- although I'd praise him for all he's done, most would turn on him. Terry's loss would be possible silverware this season (possibly ending with Lampard lifting the Champions League if we're very lucky) and a place as a legend in the supporters' minds at Chelsea. It may or may not be worth it. I'm not foolish enough to think that City aren't worth thinking about, though and he could very well make the plunge.

If Terry does go your team will look like:

----------Given--------
Zabaleta-- JT--Lescott---Bridge
----Barry-De Jong--Ireland (?)
-----Robinho--Tevez----
----------Adebayor---

I'd say you'll be fighting Arsenal with that squad if the team gels well, and Terry would be a fool not to have his head turned by that.

Conversely, Chelsea could look like (as there will be money floating around for a new CB and possibly Aguero):

-----------Cech-----------
-Bos---Alex----CB (Toure?)--Ash
--Essien---Lampard (C)---Malouda
-----------Aguero-----------
------Drogba----Anelka---

Subs: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Pizarro, Ballack, Mikel, Joe Cole, Zhirkov

Now I think about it, I'd probably want Pato too to get some depth up front. Getting Aguero AND Pato would be a coo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.