Joleon Lescott & Micah Richards

will miss them both they looked sad to me in the after match interview lescott saying he was gone and micah all but saying the same hope they are not bitter about having to move on they will allways be very welcome back at City infact i look forward to giving both of them a standing ovation when they do.

its a Barm said:
will miss them both they looked sad to me in the after match interview lescott saying he was gone and micah all but saying the same hope they are not bitter about having to move on they will allways be very welcome back at City infact i look forward to giving both of them a standing ovation when they do.
Same with Barry too

Just a tinge of sadness in all my celebrations today, because I will always have a place in my heart for everyone who took part in that epic title win two seasons ago. And Joleon and Micah were definitely a major part of it. My question, in any case, is this: what's our cover for Zabman? Because if Micah's going we need someone (I thought Boyata was downright embarrassing in that position, when he was brought in briefly before Christmas). Zab is Ironman, but even iron can break sometimes. And who is real quality, worldwide, in right back position?

Good pic of them here with the celebrations!

[bigimg]http://i2.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article7104066.ece/alternates/s2197/JS36401170.jpg[/bigimg]

(Although it does look like Micah is bumming Costel!)

I get annoyed at all these 'not good enough for where we want to be' comments, to be fair most people are wishing them all the best.

We have a requirement to have, I think, 8 home-grown players in the squad and for the CL, this includes 4 club trained. I appreciate that Richards and Lescott wouldn't get many games but there is no reason either of them wouldn't be good enough as squad players to be used against the 'no-mark' CL clubs or used in some home games in early stages of the cups or against the poor PL teams at home occasionally to rotate some of the first team. The likes of Wes Brown and John O'Shea have a shedload of winners medals whilst only playing 10-15 games (at most) a season.

It probably boils down to what wage they are willing to accept to be in that squad player role, imho it should be 50% (at most) of the players currently viewed as 1st teamers.

No team can afford to have 25 world class players in their squad and even if they could, the ego's would create huge problems in the dressing room with them all thinking they should be playing every week.

We'd be better served by keeping some players who might not be world-class but are city through and through, as long as they are capable of performing at a 'decent' PL level and they don't expect to be paid anything close to players like Aguero, Yaya, Vinnie etc.

/rant off

I wish both of them all the best wherever they end up.

I think if we can't get a solid replacement for Richards then I would rather see him stay on at the club. Would Richards sign a new contract to stay part of the City team I guess he would. If he can get back to the form of old he is a top top defender that adds a lot. Be interesting to see what we do. As for Lescott he will want to play more regular football CNT blame him.

KippaxCitizen said:
Good pic of them here with the celebrations!

[bigimg]http://i2.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article7104066.ece/alternates/s2197/JS36401170.jpg[/bigimg]

(Although it does look like Micah is bumming Costel!)

and I THINK that Costel seems to be enjoying it, hard to be sure!

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Just a tinge of sadness in all my celebrations today, because I will always have a place in my heart for everyone who took part in that epic title win two seasons ago. And Joleon and Micah were definitely a major part of it. My question, in any case, is this: what's our cover for Zabman? Because if Micah's going we need someone (I thought Boyata was downright embarrassing in that position, when he was brought in briefly before Christmas). Zab is Ironman, but even iron can break sometimes. And who is real quality, worldwide, in right back position?

Aren't we in for Sagna?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Lovebitesandeveryfing said:

Aren't we in for Sagna?

Sagna and Cole allegedly, arsenal fans will be fucked next season, won't have a clue who to boo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.