Joleon Lescott

zeven said:
He need to work more with the ball at his feet and passing.

I agree he looked really awkward taking that touch on the sideline and then lobbing it over the head of the right back to then play a nice ball to feet at the end. Being back David Someil!

He was much, much better than Kompany yesterday and while Kompany is capable of a fantastic ball out of defence, he's prone to getting it wrong too. Lescott just gives an easy pass to someone who can play. He's not as good as Kompany at his best but he's more consistant than him IMO.

He has been fantastic this season and very consistant.
He was suppose to be a squad player but has taken his chance
good on him.

I always wonder in 10 years when the youngsters ask about this team what people will say about Lescott. "he couldn't play a defense splitting ball yer know lad",
"Yeah i wouldn't of expected a defender to do that's Dad", "Your grounded go to your room now yer know nowt little bastard"

motm and one of the most consistent and best performers this season well done julian ;)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Love Julian.

Can we stop all this talk about us needing to buy a 'quality' centre half. He is one and has all the attributes that are most important in that position in the English game, plus he will always chip in with 5-10 goals a season.

I wouldn't say he's world class though, ie. Vidic level. (sorry for the comparison).

zeven said:
Captain Oats said:
i hate the "need to work on his passing" myth. because he is an english centre back it means he cant pass??

He played some great passes yesterday, 1 was a great through ball after intercepting play. Vincent company for me punted it up the field far too many times and we nearly conceeded a goal because of one.
I couldnt care less which nationality his passport says.

His passing is bad, his ball control gives me heart attacks. Not saying hes a bad player just a bad passer of the ball thats all

i'm with zeven, like the lad but he needs work on his control and passing.

love his passion though.

he's got better and better despite being under pressure when he first came to City and then when Mancini took over

No complaints - he wanted to come to City took all the shit from Golan and co and has been putting in performances for a long long time now

Makes his mistakes show me a centre back that does not

Chuffed to bits he plays for us

I dont get the flack he gets for his passing, yesterday showed that he is a top quality centre back who can pass and pass well. He showed control and skill when he flicked it over the villa playes head and showed good forward movement when he scored. It sounds like people dont like him because hes not some fancy foreign name who does all the tricks, well you dont have to that to be a succesful centre back. Hes been probably one of the best players for the team so far, well donr Joleon :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.