Joleon Lescott

Finest of margins in this game.

Agree he was very good yesterday, although was forced to go long a few times, with nobody coming short apart from Silva.

Still, where the fuck were he and Kompany for those two final corners?

Shocking marking.

To be fair, JL gets a lot of stick for looking uncomfortable on the ball and looking for an easy pass, but he actually doe sit quite well and I was surprised when looking back at our goals from this season and last, quite a few involve Joleon either bringing the ball out, playing it wide, or going more direct to Edin or Sergio.

He also seems to have acquired a sense of 'fancy pants-ness' in last week or two, trying to out-do Kompany at being Kompany with a turn of pace and little dribble out of defence.

Still, he's the reason that I'm in such a good mood today, so cheers JL!

bluebannana said:
I dont get the flack he gets for his passing, yesterday showed that he is a top quality centre back who can pass and pass well. He showed control and skill when he flicked it over the villa playes head and showed good forward movement when he scored. It sounds like people dont like him because hes not some fancy foreign name who does all the tricks, well you dont have to that to be a succesful centre back. Hes been probably one of the best players for the team so far, well donr Joleon :)
yeah well, you don't play for city!

Agree Joleon was his usual solid self. Exactly what a CB should be.

He's been better than Kompany this season and our best defender, defensively (Richards attacking play has been excellent). He really is under-rated, a bit like Barry, and his control and passing have improved hugely since Mancini's been here, he occasionally pulls off bits of skill like the one at Villa yesterday but generally he's got a decent touch and can play the simple ball capably.

TonyM said:
IMO Lescott is an ever so slightly better CB than Kompany. He's just been growing into the role slowly this season. He's gaining confidence all the time and hopefully will be even better next season.

I like Kompany too but I think he's hyped up these days beyond reason. He's excellent at times and a calamity at others ( just as Lescott is). They are excellent and improving. And Toure has been decent this season. But we need someone better than all 3 IMO. Who that is though I've no clue. But to be insistently winning thing we need a true colossus at the back.

And I agree Lescott was fantastic yesterday.

You rate Vorm over Hart and Lescott over Kompany?

Bongo Joe said:
AliBg08CMAEUGzu.jpg

Banter from the lads on his locker door today :')

mrs lescott should be a happy woman

The one thing I have to say about JLo's passing is yeah its not good but its x100 better than when he came from Everton, his passing was straight out of the Richard Dunne hoof it handbook and slowly but surely we are getting it out of his system and he is playing better football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.