Joleon Lescott

SharstonBlue said:
Loved the way he turned round to NDJ after he left Cuellar in the box for the late header... Shaking his head, going "no,no,no..."

Thats the sign of LEADERSHIP & mature experienced WC CB.

He has vastly improved (while some like VK & NDJ has stagnate) together with the rest of the team this season. His winnings goals are very important (just like that rake JT). Thats an understatement.

He should be City's Captain. We should seriously consider this in light of VK's effectiveness & diminishing role vis a vis FA officials.

blueprint said:
SharstonBlue said:
Loved the way he turned round to NDJ after he left Cuellar in the box for the late header... Shaking his head, going "no,no,no..."

He has vastly improved (while some like VK & NDJ has stagnate) together with the rest of the team this season. His winnings goals are very important (just like that rake JT). Thats an understatement.

He should be City's Captain. We should seriously consider this in light of VK's effectiveness & diminishing role vis a vis FA officials.

Excellent post!

blueprint said:
SharstonBlue said:

If this is serious then you need to give your head a wobble. Vinny has been awesome this perhaps not reached his full potential yet but still awesome. And it is possible to have two top CBs. You don't need to put Vinny down to show how Lescott has done great. Both have formed an excellent partnership which is proven in the fact we have conceded the least goals.

I like him and he tries like hell. He is good defensively and strong on attacking corners. However, when we are in possession he is our weakest link. Lots of teams have sussed this out and now always press up on him when we have the ball at the back. Because he isn't as comfortable as the others he often get's caught in possession and gives the ball away cheaply.

He has lots of good attributes but unfortunately his weakness, which wouldn't be a problem in a team who hoofs it, is a problem for us at times.

I was slated on this forum for stating Dzeko was the new Samaras, I was also slated for saying Lescott was most consistent player well before Xmas.

Maybe we should just have a thread saying kiam06 is always right.

Chungo said:
blueprint said:
SharstonBlue said:

If this is serious then you need to give your head a wobble. Vinny has been awesome this perhaps not reached his full potential yet but still awesome. And it is possible to have two top CBs. You don't need to put Vinny down to show how Lescott has done great. Both have formed an excellent partnership which is proven in the fact we have conceded the least goals.

I'm serious after seeing VK's performances this season especially his recent performances vis a vis @ Sunderland etc.

I'm suggesting Lescott (an English player to boot) over VK from a pragmatic and most important vital leadership role.
Just like I was in the minority appraising NDJ's role this season I'm sure that you can agree that all of us want whats best for City & not the 'tail wagging the dog' syndrome.

Thought i'd just mention Kompany has been excellent this season,unbelievably,considering 'Januarygate',its escaped one or two......

VK is the Captain and as long as he remains with us that should always be the case.

Jonny68 said:
He is outstanding week in week out don't understand why people slag him off :-s

Just like some slagged Barry. Is there a common denominator among those detractors?

Clue - Find out who they (agents or whatever) continually endorsed or overhyped day in day out in this forum while at the same tiome slagging the other players they don't.

dctid said:
he's got better and better despite being under pressure when he first came to City and then when Mancini took over

No complaints - he wanted to come to City took all the shit from Golan and co and has been putting in performances for a long long time now

Makes his mistakes show me a centre back that does not

Chuffed to bits he plays for us

Any one got a list of his mistakes so we can compare them to the two English CBs of great renown - Terry and Wio!

zeven said:
He need to work more with the ball at his feet and passing.
He's nearly 30, that wont improve now, just take him for what he is...which is for me our best defender this season regardless of his flaws!<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:28 am --<br /><br />
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
dctid said:
he's got better and better despite being under pressure when he first came to City and then when Mancini took over

No complaints - he wanted to come to City took all the shit from Golan and co and has been putting in performances for a long long time now

Makes his mistakes show me a centre back that does not

Chuffed to bits he plays for us

Any one got a list of his mistakes so we can compare them to the two English CBs of great renown - Terry and Wio!
I can think of just three all season
Slipped and got the ball taken off him by Agbonlahor at home to Villa (Joe Hart saved, no goal)
Away to Liverpool [Prem] ball hit him and went in
Away to Liverpool [LCup] poor defending against Bellamy for him to score

He's been immense in almost all other aspects and has saved or won us infinately more than the tree things I've mentioned he's done wrong!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.