jon gaunt

Apparently, a council in London (possibly the now infamous Haringey) placed a blanket ban on smokers who wish to become Foster parents, leaving vulnerable children in the no man's land of local authority care.

As someone who grew up for a while in local authority care- Gaunt ran the story on his show and when a representative of the above council finally came on and faced the music Gaunt labelled him/her a "fascist".

The poor mite was obviously quite upset. We now live in times where it's now the done thing for all and sundry to be sacked if they so much as express a personal opinion. That's the reason why media is full of piss weak wimpy grey yes men like that spineless **** Jeremy Vine.

He's been sacked not suspended. What I can't work out is how some people are sacked for one offence while others seem to be able to get away with anything. James Whale was sacked for suggesting that people should support Boris Johnson in the London Mayoral election yet that complete fuckwit George Lamb on 6 Music just got a ticking off for pretty much the same thing.

Newlunar said:
Apparently, a council in London (possibly the now infamous Haringey) placed a blanket ban on smokers who wish to become Foster parents, leaving vulnerable children in the no man's land of local authority care.

As someone who grew up for a while in local authority care- Gaunt ran the story on his show and when a representative of the above council finally came on and faced the music Gaunt labelled him/her a "fascist".

The poor mite was obviously quite upset. We now live in times where it's now the done thing for all and sundry to be sacked if they so much as express a personal opinion. That's the reason why media is full of piss weak wimpy grey yes men like that spineless **** Jeremy Vine.

I listened to that interview. That council guy was a complete tosser in my opinion, very childish. It went something like this anyway

Gaunt: Have you been in care yourself?
Council guy: No. Have you?
Gaunt: Yes I have

Then there was a really long pause...

Council guy: Good
Gaunty: Why is it good that I was in care?

Then there was a bit of a moan by them both, which Gaunty ended up calling him a facist

I didn't know gaunt had been sacked though. Which is a shame because it means Ian Collins doesn't do the night show now

Well love him or hate him no one seemed to mind him calling someone a fascist the week before when he first commented on the matter, but because he levelled it directly at an individual that would appear to be a step too far.

I just think it's a joke really but I knew he'd come unstuck sooner rather than later.

Saw gaunty on sky news this morning, he speaks his mind and in these times you cant do that, you have to say the pc thing, so much for freedom of speach

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.