jon gaunt

Am I right in saying TalkSport is one of the few radio stations James H Reeve hasn't been sacked from? Could be a job opportunity there for him?! Ha ha!

I didn't like the way Gaunty conducted himself on air, he was like James Stannage. But at least he had his own views, and it was obvious from listening to him a few times at first that callers would be cut off before making their point, and that his views echoed (like it or not) a lot of people.

I heard the interview. I thought it went a bit far, but Gaunty was in care himself, and you could tell it was getting him wound up. At the end of the interview he did say "Look, I'm sorry I acted like that, it was a topic close to my heart and I wasn't profesional, sorry" or something like that. It was a live debate, you can't stop what you've already said. We've all said things we shouldn't have in the heat of the moment. He shouldn't have got sacked.

I agree with him on the issue though. Just because someone smokes doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to foster a child. They probably wouldn't do it in the same room as a child, most likely go in the kitchen or outside. My mum used to smoke in the house, and she was the best mum in the world.

well, if you hate talk shite, I recon you will hate it more. I wouldnt mind betting Jeremy Kyle gets the 10 am slot soon, he has been on on a weekend recently. His T.V career MUST be winding down soon so he will probably look to resume his radio show. I must admit I used to listen to Jeza'a confessions when he was on key 103. used to make funny listening. I wouldnt mind betting the man who has made it biggest out of this country's fascination with the great unwashed will soon have the ultimate audience. Blokes called Dave on Talk Sport.

brass neck said:
well, if you hate talk shite, I recon you will hate it more. I wouldnt mind betting Jeremy Kyle gets the 10 am slot soon, he has been on on a weekend recently. His T.V career MUST be winding down soon so he will probably look to resume his radio show. I must admit I used to listen to Jeza'a confessions when he was on key 103. used to make funny listening. I wouldnt mind betting the man who has made it biggest out of this country's fascination with the great unwashed will soon have the ultimate audience. Blokes called Dave on Talk Sport.

Good shout.

wouldn't surprise me if that scumbag got it.

denislawsbackheel said:
Talksport have sacked Rod Lucas today for being on the BNP list.
Can someone clarify whether this man would've been sacked had he been a member of the Labour Party? Is it that the presenters are not allowed to belong to any party or just the BNP?

Because, if it's the latter, that is outrageous. As despicable and disgusting as the BNP are, the last time I checked, it wasn't illegal to be a member of a party that stands in governmental elections.

Dubai Blue said:
denislawsbackheel said:
Can someone clarify whether this man would've been sacked had he been a member of the Labour Party? Is it that the presenters are not allowed to belong to any party or just the BNP?

Because, if it's the latter, that is outrageous. As despicable and disgusting as the BNP are, the last time I checked, it wasn't illegal to be a member of a party that stands in governmental elections.

Judging from the measured reports, he hasn't been 'sacked' per se - he's a freelancer and Talkshite have just said they have no plans to use him 'in the immediate future'.

BingoBango said:
denislawsbackheel said:

I see he pulled the Pete Townshend line - 'just doing it for research, guv'

What did Rod Lucas do on TalkSPORT? I listen a lot to the station and don't recall him appearing on it?

JOGAMIGMOG said:
What did Rod Lucas do on TalkSPORT? I listen a lot to the station and don't recall him appearing on it?

Since Gaunt got sacked, Ian Collins has been doing the gaunt slot. Rod Lucas was filling in for the Ian Collins night slot at 10pm-1am

Now Lucas has been sacked. Collins is in the 10am slot still, and now Galloway is in collins original 10pm slot

Absolutely can't stand Jon Gaunt. It wasn't his 'political position' which bothered me as much as the fact that he was a desperately poor radio presenter.

My stepdad was sacked from his Manchester radio show for telling scousers to fuck off after they all phoned up after their 2005 Champions League win. Actually, there was a catalogue of stuff prior to that, but that was the final straw.

the last time I checked, it wasn't illegal to be a member of a party that stands in governmental elections

His contract might forbid it, like the police and prison warders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.