Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess Alves has alot to answer for.....we didnt get Alves so had to pay 25+mil for Danilo, which meant we now have to sign a cheaper CB, so we can afford a top class forward (Sanchez?) I guess if Sanchez joins, signing Evans makes more sense....but at the moment, it just seems like we've gone from targeting someone like Bonucci to Evans which seems a big drop off....

Not at all. Perfectly legit to ask anyone who now thinks its a good move if they thought so beforehand, and if so whether they suggested it. Fans often say they want players the club hasn't been linked to. Not sure why you view that is arsey.
Because you know and I know that we wouldn't consider Evans to be a first choice CB signing for us, therefore no-one would consider Evans to be in the picture. Now that we know the club are interested, we can extrapolate that the strategy now is that we buy a squad player rather than a first choice. In other words the goalposts have been moved and even you couldn't have predicted that. Under those circumstances, why would you even think that a City fan would have considered wanting Evans before the "news". I'm sorry, I never get personal on here but I thought the whole premise of your original question was a bit smug and unfair.

It's a surprise but a no-brainer. We need cover for Kompany. He wont play every game. You could go further if you want and try for VVD or a Bonucci like player, but does that leave the finance for a striker? Experienced cover is what we need and it wont cost the earth enabling us to go after a striker.

So glad Cook, Mancini etc are now gone and we're now a much more holistic.

Hahahahaha Jonny evans. Fuck off. Scrap the full fucking academy, not a single point in it if we're spending the best part of 20mil on that clown. A big Fuck you to Tosin.
Alternatively it could be construed as a big "We don't think you're ready for the high-stake world of the first team yet but if you would please stop passing the ball away so often we'll be happy to nurture you because we believe you have the talent to succeed at this level- in the meantime we're bringing in an experienced leader who can mentor you and help you grow" to Tosin. If that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.