Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Stones can learn from Evans? I think Kompany might be a better teacher some how.

I don't understand why this guy is at WBA with all this quality.

Kompany has his hands full already as captain though.

Evans is the best player at the 10th best club in the league, I'd say that just about equates to the 20th best player at the best club in the league. I think he can handle it.

Because you know and I know that we wouldn't consider Evans to be a first choice CB signing for us, therefore no-one would consider Evans to be in the picture. Now that we know the club are interested, we can extrapolate that the strategy now is that we buy a squad player rather than a first choice. In other words the goalposts have been moved and even you couldn't have predicted that. Under those circumstances, why would you even think that a City fan would have considered wanting Evans before the "news". I'm sorry, I never get personal on here but I thought the whole premise of your original question was a bit smug and unfair.

I'm sorry I've read that three times and don't know what you're on about. I'm simply asking if anyone who is now saying it would be a good signing has previously verbalised it. It's not that complicated.

I agree, although so is Johnny Evans :(
Personally, I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference to how he would perform for us. He is a professional footballer and will perform to the best of his ability regardless of whet colour shirt he happens to be wearing. if he can't trust himself to do that then I would hope he has the integrity to not sign for us in the first place. Lord knows we've had enough non rags who have rocked up and cost us fortunes in fees and wages without ever giving us anything in return.
If Evans ever pulls on a sky blue shirt then I for one will cheer and applaud him as I would any other City player.

We've spent years watching error-prone young, promising players struggle to adapt to the Premier League (Mangala, Nastasic) or past-it defenders with no pace left (Demichelis). Evans is right in the sweet spot between the two. I can certainly understand the reasoning- a reliable backup and we don't need to worry about if he'll be up to English football.

Kompany has his hands full already as captain though.

Evans is the best player at the 10th best club in the league, I'd say that just about equates to the 20th best player at the best club in the league. I think he can handle it.

I doubt Kompany is too busy to help Stones in training. I also doubt Evans could teach Stones much as Stones is the better player already. I'm not sure the rest makes sense.

Personally, I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference to how he would perform for us. He is a professional footballer and will perform to the best of his ability regardless of whet colour shirt he happens to be wearing. if he can't trust himself to do that then I would hope he has the integrity to not sign for us in the first place. Lord knows we've had enough non rags who have rocked up and cost us fortunes in fees and wages without ever giving us anything in return.
If Evans ever pulls on a sky blue shirt then I for one will cheer and applaud him as I would any other City player.
Totally agree with all of that, my comment was intended to be tongue-in-cheek, I always did give myself more credit than I deserve in the humor department ;)

The only difference him supporting the Salford lot should make is that he won't celebrate when he scores against them at Old Trafford. We can all live with that.

I doubt Kompany is too busy to help Stones in training. I also doubt Evans could teach Stones much as Stones is the better player already. I'm not sure the rest makes sense.

On the contrary I believe there's a whole lot Evans could teach Stones, about things like positioning, tackling, when to clear the ball. I can't claim to know much about defending but I think Stones could find Evans' experience very valuable.

But you're right, the rest makes no sense. The useless rambling of a man running on two hours sleep I'm afraid.

Totally agree with all of that, my comment was intended to be tongue-in-cheek, I always did give myself more credit than I deserve in the humor department ;)

The only difference him supporting the Salford lot should make is that he won't celebrate when he scores against them at Old Trafford. We can all live with that.

I cant. I would boo any City player who doesnt celebrate scoring at the swamp, until my head explodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.