Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a surprise but a no-brainer. We need cover for Kompany. He wont play every game. You could go further if you want and try for VVD or a Bonucci like player, but does that leave the finance for a striker? Experienced cover is what we need and it wont cost the earth enabling us to go after a striker.
We must have one or other of our maiin striker targets boxed off, otherwise I see no sense in this deal at all. Can see your point, and Not againt an experienced cb coming in by any means, just wish it was someone like Robert huth, rather than Evans

I think you need to question Pep before being critical of Txiki.Pep holds all the power nowadays in transfer business apart from fees and salaries.

If Guardiola wants Evans then I WOULD question him Oakiecokie, I cannot believe that we are considering this at all.

The thunder & lightning going on here in Eccles at the moment is somehow related to my disbelief &, dare I say it, anger!! And boy it's a long time since I heard thunder as loud as this. I thought my house was falling down.

Namely error-prone and past it.
29 is a good age for a centre-back as a general rule, and I don't think he's got much of a history of bad errors considering he's the captain of a very good defensive team like WBA.

Not past it by any means, not pacey but not horribly slow either, I think he's very capable.

We must have one or other of our maiin striker targets boxed off, otherwise I see no sense in this deal at all. Can see your point, and Not againt an experienced cb coming in by any means, just wish it was someone like Robert huth, rather than Evans
Huth is an average player who had a wonderful season and is now playing poorly once again, like most of that Leicester team. The only one I would argue didn't drop off severely after they lifted that trophy was Shinji Okazaki. Although both are homegrown.

No you've proved that you don't have any ideas to how our transfers now work. You must be daft for thinking that only the manager has the final decision on a transfer. Pep also said it many of times he can give his wishes but he doesn't decide alone. So get your wrong information out of your arse.
I take it you missed all the discussions on this forum at the back end of the season.Pep has been given carte blanche over incoming and outgoing transfers.Txiki now controls the finer points of salaries and fees.They work as a team but ultimately Pep has the final say with Khaldoon in full support mode along with Soriano.
Do you honestly believe in your tiny mind that Txiki just goes out and tells Pep "Hey signor,we are bringing in Jonny Evans.How good is that for you ?" You must be fucking barmy if you believe that for one second.

Do elaborate. Raggish because there's plenty of blues who don't rate him very highly?
No, because we expect a squad full of top level stars. Every signing has to be a first tier player regardless of cost. How many times do you read on here the comment " I don't care what he costs, it's not my money". Well, there are people whose money it is and they have to be damn careful how they spend it and make sure that we are adequately covered in all positions. Evans may not be the best CB in the world but the management have decided that we either can't afford a top tier CB this year or that that money will have to be better spent elsewhere. Supporting isn't just standing on the terraces cheering (or booing) every Saturday, it's also about supporting the management in doing a very difficult job in difficult circumstances. We all know we're a rich club and we should be thankful for it but we have to think of the guy who has ploughed in a fortune to get us where we are. Under different circumstances, I think we might have been anticipating the signing of someone like Evans with the same relish as that of Sanchez or Mbappe. People have very short memories.

He doesn't improve our starting XI but he fills a big hole in our squad depth, our homegrown list and potentially our dressing room. And he could certainly improve Stones and Tosin.
How ? Apart from "doesn't improve our starting XI" ? You are right there.

He doesn't improve our squad depth unless someone goes.
I guess he improves our home grown list, assuming Delph goes, but not much sign of that.
No idea how he improves "our dressing room".
No idea how he improves "Stones and Tosin", since he isn't a defensive coach, nor that great a defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.