Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It maybe a gamble with winning trophies but I would prefer to gamble and have Tosin as 4th CB.
Much bigger prize to see him succeed IMO.

I really don't want to rush him, because I keep imagining this:

Kompany is injured and Otamendi suspended. Anyone who knows and cherishes both players will agree that this is perfectly feasible scenario. Tosin comes in next to Stones for his first real senior appearance in an important game. Suddenly there's no experience in the central defense, and Walker/Danilo/Mendy, great players though they may be, aren't exactly captain material. It becomes Stones' job to be the senior centre-back, which makes his life far harder. Now I like Tosin and want him to succeed. But he is, and often has been, prone to mistakes and lapses of concentration. And if that happens against United or Liverpool, with millions watching and no Kompany or Otamendi there to sweep up, and it costs us a goal, then he comes under intense scrutiny, from the media and fans- sadly including many of our own. That can seriously damage his confidence. Alternatively he could benefit from another year of half an hour senior game time every now and then, while working closely with Pep, his staff, Kompany and now possibly Evans, and have a chance to really knuckle down and halve, maybe even quarter the frequency of these mistakes that he needs to cut down on. Once he does that he'll be all set to begin a long and successful career- I really believe he has all the qualities he needs to do so. But no, I don't want to rush him. I just don't think he's ready to be fourth choice in a team like ours, especially considering a) Kompany's injury record and b) the fact that whenever we play three at the back this would make him next in line.

However this is all my opinion and I think it's important that I say that I know absolutely nothing about youth development and the above could well all be bollocks.

What the fuck? Been out all day, just saw this. Fucking hell, mangala is beckenbaur compared to this numpty. Waste of money. Seriously flawed idea.

I totally thought it was a joke at first. I dreamed about Boateng, I could compromise on Martinez but Evans ?!

I really don't want to rush him, because I keep imagining this:

Kompany is injured and Otamendi suspended. Anyone who knows and cherishes both players will agree that this is perfectly feasible scenario. Tosin comes in next to Stones for his first real senior appearance in an important game. Suddenly there's no experience in the central defense, and Walker/Danilo/Mendy, great players though they may be, aren't exactly captain material. It becomes Stones' job to be the senior centre-back, which makes his life far harder. Now I like Tosin and want him to succeed. But he is, and often has been, prone to mistakes and lapses of concentration. And if that happens against United or Liverpool, with millions watching and no Kompany or Otamendi there to sweep up, and it costs us a goal, then he comes under intense scrutiny, from the media and fans- sadly including many of our own. That can seriously damage his confidence. Alternatively he could benefit from another year of half an hour senior game time every now and then, while working closely with Pep, his staff, Kompany and now possibly Evans, and have a chance to really knuckle down and halve, maybe even quarter the frequency of these mistakes that he needs to cut down on. Once he does that he'll be all set to begin a long and successful career- I really believe he has all the qualities he needs to do so. But no, I don't want to rush him. I just don't think he's ready to be fourth choice in a team like ours, especially considering a) Kompany's injury record and b) the fact that whenever we play three at the back this would make him next in line.

However this is all my opinion and I think it's important that I say that I know absolutely nothing about youth development and the above could well all be bollocks.

Not bollocks at all, knowing our luck that would happen. But as I said it's a gamble and it looks as though our club are not prepared to gamble, the stakes are too high.
That said it's not often you'll see me at the bookies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.