Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad can defend and he can play football,he's currently Captain of his present side and he's a physically imposing presence - all attributes we are short of.He also ticks the HG quota.
As a 3rd/4th choice player who brings those qualities,and wont complain when he isnt gettting game time,i cant think of many better options.

Also,i can look beyond the fact he was previously employed by the Rags,so i dont have a problem with this transfer.

i have no priblem that he played for utd...i have a problem with rhe dact that he is bang average

The lad can defend and he can play football,he's currently Captain of his present side and he's a physically imposing presence - all attributes we are short of.He also ticks the HG quota.
As a 3rd/4th choice player who brings those qualities,and wont complain when he isnt gettting game time,i cant think of many better options.

Also,i can look beyond the fact he was previously employed by the Rags,so i dont have a problem with this transfer.
the lad play`s in a 10 man defense where someone is always on hand to cover his mistakes , something he was renown for at utd, association trained is the only thing he is better than mangala at, and will not complain how do you know that after a decade of the bench at utd and finally getting regular football

i have no priblem that he played for utd...i have a problem with rhe dact that he is bang average
I disagree,as i stated above,he brings a wealth of experience and decent attributes.He's very dependable and doesnt have injury issues as far as i'm aware.
Once again......he won't be arriving as a starter,we have 3 others in competition with/above him,who all can be considered very capable and well beyond average.

He's not a player i would have immediately considered but on reflection,it makes sense to me.

This is certainly gaining traction. I can't understand how a Utd reject that cost 6 mill, is suddenly what we are after for 20 mill. I actually thought we may just use Mangala if need be, and save the money.

I agree £18m is expensive. But I think you're understating his ability here. He's better than the vast, vast majority of central defenders in this league.
So why is he not already at a top four side? In fact why did Utd let him go given he's superior to so many other cbs?

Only thing crazier than our interest is how many on here are trying to convince themselves he's suddenly become a good player who could mentor tosin and stones and provide the cover we need if Vinny is injured. Oh and he takes a good penalty. There's been a thr ad for weeks about cb options and non of you Evans fans mentioned him there as far as I'm aware. Yet all of a sudden he's vastly better than the majority of cbs in the league and we should welcome him with open arms because he's the rock pullis built his outstanding West Brom team on.

Some specualtion here.......However,because of deals in the pipeline elsewhere,lets say we have a max budget of 20m for another centre half - If not this lad,then where do we find such a player?

I disagree,as i stated above,he brings a wealth of experience and decent attributes.He's very dependable and doesnt have injury issues as far as i'm aware.
Once again......he won't be arriving as a starter,we have 3 others in competition with/above him,who all can be considered very capable and well beyond average.

He's not a player i would have immediately considered but on reflection,it makes sense to me.

i disagree on his attributes...average one on one defensively which is an absolute priority in the way Pep plays. He has average pace and isnt aerialy dominant.

i also dont rate ottomendi when Kompany isnt there....he has the headless chicken side to him that comes out and he consistently dives in and over commits..did it pre season and has done since he has been here and pep has mentioned it previously as well.

Stones one on one is poor....great attributes with his passing and bringjng the ball out but when it comes time to defend and tackle he is weak.

This smacks of a delph/sinclair/rodwell signing in a priority position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.