Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be uncomfortable for many having a lifelong United fan embedded in our squad if this happens. One of the least popular transfers proposed by the club since the takeover?

None of our top players knew the league, I don't know where this saying comes from !

Some players adapt quickly, some don't. By buying Evans and N'zonzi, they already know the league so there is zero risk in them adapting to it.

It will be uncomfortable for many having a lifelong United fan embedded in our squad if this happens. One of the least popular transfers proposed by the club since the takeover?
I can't think of any proposed transfers in where there have been so many pages of posts as quickly where 90%+ of the posts are against the signing

Sorry but both Ota and Stones are better than Evans, people are going too far to defend this deal, they are both faster, more agile(quicker on the turn), better with the ball and pass better than Evans. He probably has better positional sense and organisational skills(given his experience) which for me is why I think they don't quite work as a partnership yet against the best teams and the reason we might need someone else if Kompany is injured(he's a huge step down from Kompany though lets stop the bullshit like he can slot right in and be just as good). As for Stones having "No footballing brain" I will just ignore that as it's pure unfounded rubbish.

It doesn't seem to be the club's objective to buy a 4th centre back who is as good as Kompany in case Kompany is injured. Evans is a classic 4th choice, relatively inexpensive, centre back who Pep must think can do a job in the domestic cups and when we have the usual run of the mill injuries and suspensions. A safe fall back, a more reliable player than Mangala, not someone who is expected to displace the existing defenders. The club have clearly decided that Kompany will last the season. That's the risk we're taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.