Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
United - Yes. - Only Bailly better.
Chelsea - No.
Arsenal - Yes. - Only Koscielny better.
Tottenham - No.
Liverpool - Yes. - Would probably be their best centre half.

It's a shit argument because he's not being bought to be our best centre half, it would be a squad signing.

Exsqueeze me but did you just say Jonny Evans is better than Alderweireld and
Vertongen?

Who are 4th choice centre half for Chelsea, Arse, Juve, Barca etc.
My point is why spend 18mil on shite if you only want him for 4th choice. We have mangala or tosin for that. The cb signing we need is one of vk quality so that if we lose vk we still have a leader/organiser at the back. We have mangala, otta, stones, tosin, so it's not depth at CB we need is it. It's quality and Evans is not that.

The reaction to this news if proof a lot of you don't watch football outside of City. Evans is actually a very good player.

Someone on here claimed WBA fans would be laughing their head's off if we bought him when most would agree he's easily their best player.
He's not shit. Yes, he can defend. Yes, he's homegrown. Yes, he has experience. I still don't want him.

He is a United fan and ex-United player, he's pretty average on the ball, he's not left footed, he can't play left back, he's had serious injury problems in the past, he's 29 years old, I've never seen him play in a back 3. Not to mention he currently plays in a very defensive Pulis side, usually with 3 other centre backs in the back 4 and 2 holding midfielders infront of him. How is he gonna look when he's exposed on the counter in a high line with our full-backs/wing-backs commited?

Look, if he signs I will back him and support him like every other City player but there's better out there and we should be looking for it.

West Brom fans with £ signs in their eyes popping up all over these twitter feeds saying he's worth double that... sure thing.

9b1fc9e1fefee4b18288c06a342c15ad.jpg
doc48dek-nove-godine-by-pavel-krivtsov-psihijatrijska-bolnica-moskva-1988.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.