Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so it begins. We'll probably be priced out of a move for Evans.

His teams have had the best defensive record because they have always been far and away the best team in the division and absolutely batter most teams week in week out, not in my view because the actual defence he has put together have been full of great defenders and were brilliantly well organised. A similar thing last year resulted in conceding the fewest shots i.e. We bossed most teams in terms of possession but as our defending was so poor most of those shots were in clear cut chance situations. If kompany stays fit then fine but seems a huge risk to me given his recent record. Not particularly interested in Otamendi's stats they only tell you a small part of things and for me without Kompany next to him, he's bang average on the whole. And I don't see how buying extra attackers changes our chance conversion rate necessarily. We have top quality attackers as it is, I see no reason whatsoever why they can't take more of their chances this season. All only my opinion of course.

I think Pep's other teams had some very good defenders and were very organised, and didn't make the errors ours did.

A striker of sufficient quality will hopefully be more clinical but also inspire his team mates to sharpen up. I firmly believe scoring more would improve our defending by reducing mental pressure on defenders but, yes, the reverse could be true.

18 million for a 29 year old Evans is as far as we should go, fuck West Brom we are not trying to prise Messi away from them!

Cheap?

We flog players on loan, for £5m maybe upto the teens if we're really lucky.

Now we're reportedly spunking upwards of & £18m on a fourth choice player..

Cheap my arse, we're a soft touch once more if anywhere near true.

Who are 4th choice centre half for Chelsea, Arse, Juve, Barca etc.

This argument is stupid because Pep rotates more than any other manager. At every other club the 4th choice sits on the bench (sometimes never even making the bench) and only comes on in cup games or injury crisis. Under Pep our 4th choice would play a lot of football so they need to be better than every other clubs 4th choice. Evans is average at best and would be one of the worst deals of the season.

He's not shit. Yes, he can defend. Yes, he's homegrown. Yes, he has experience. I still don't want him.

He is a United fan and ex-United player, he's pretty average on the ball, he's not left footed, he can't play left back, he's had serious injury problems in the past, he's 29 years old, I've never seen him play in a back 3. Not to mention he currently plays in a very defensive Pulis side, usually with 3 other centre backs in the back 4 and 2 holding midfielders infront of him. How is he gonna look when he's exposed on the counter in a high line with our full-backs/wing-backs commited?

Look, if he signs I will back him and support him like every other City player but there's better out there and we should be looking for it.
Well said

Mangala is not going to happen under Pep, his profile is all wrong. I wish him every success as I'm fond of him in the same way I'd be fond of a dog at Battersea but he is not going to be a first team player for us, period.

As for Jonny Evans, it isn't stellar of course but people have been bleating on about 'risking our season on the fitness of Kompany' and we look to be addressing it with a reasonable squad player who has won nine trophies in his career who appears to be happy with a squad role and it's not good enough? Deary me.
Well said. Welcome to Manchester, Jonny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.