Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
For 18 mil? Smalling better, mertesacker is better imo as well. He might get in Liverpool but I never mentioned them or arsenal as I don't think either will challenge for the title. We don't need squad signings at CB we need another cb of vks quality.
Sorry you were doing ok until you mentioned Smalling...he is dog shit and Mertesacker was ok in his day but now has the turning circle of the QE2 and its speed

Yes, but you thought he was decent playing in a West Brom team. Before today you would not have thought he looked good enough to be in a city team.
His 9 years at Utd are going to be a massive issue for us fans. I can't believe he is even entertaining coming to city when every single mistake he makes is going to have fans hurling insults at him.

Agree him being an ex rag will give him no leeway whatsoever. All I'm going Of is when I watched him last season for me he looked a decent ball playing defender anyway can't see him coming he will know the rivalry and won't gamble his last 5/6 year of his career on being abused after a mistake or 2.

You can almost see it now that instead of paying £65mil for VVD and bringing in quality at the back we will spend £65mil for Evans and Nzonzi.

I knew the window was going a little too well

Really? Have a think about that for a moment. Is Evans going to be our only signing of the window? "We signed Lukaku and you signed Ederson, Bernardo Silva, Bejamin Mendy, Kyle Walker and Johnny Evans as 4th choice back up" would be a more accurate song. Not quite as bad as it seems really is it? Why the fuck would you pay any attention to what those small time ****s sing about?

bit strong mate, you know they will sing it if we sign him.

Gonna go against everyone. I think Evans is a cracking player. Comfortable on the ball and two good feet. Would suit Peps style well. And he wouldnt be the first rag to cross to the blue side. His injury record would be my major concern. But he'd be an excellent squad player tho not first choice obviously.

Ok. Are Wes Morgan or Kurt Zouma good enough for teams who want to win titles?

Morgan had a good season their title win. Didn't have a good season the one after and he's been replaced in the pecking order now. Zouma played like 9 games for Chelsea their title win and is now on loan at Stoke of all places. So currently no those players are not good enough to win titles. If you think you're making a good case for Evans you are badly mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.