Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is because West Brom under Pulis play very defensively. Try and imagine Evans in a high line defence. I know ... Scary ainnit ?!

Yep they do don't forget he ain't going to be first choice once in a City shirt I will judge him on his performances like I do with all our new signings, not the childish crap that's on here who think he crap just because he is an ex rag.

I genuinely don't understand the "dagger to the academy" angle of this. The closest we have to an academy option is Tosin, and he's clearly not ready to play a big part in a premiere league winning side. We're signing a 29 year old to do a job for a year or two and fill the homegrown quota. Would any of you seriously prefer an academy centerback in over Evans in a game where we need three points to secure the league? WBA supporters seem genuinely gutted about losing him, and most neutrals seem to think he's a smart, if pragmatic, signing. Some of you guys need to calm down.

Looks like Chris Brunt has confirmed that the bid happened and that Evans is thinking about it.

I genuinely don't understand the "dagger to the academy" angle of this. The closest we have to an academy option is Tosin, and he's clearly not ready to play a big part in a premiere league winning side.

A lot of people say that. I'm not sure it is as clear as some are making out.

If he is as bad as some people think, we should be selling or giving away right now and start working on the next CB prospect.

Personally I'd like to see him get chances, develop his game and see how he goes. Don't reckon he would have fared much worse last season than some of our "experienced" players. Although if this move happens, I think a loan for him is the best bet.

No point in another season sitting in the stands our playing U23's.

Whilst Tosin isn't ready yet, and I'm not sure how he ever will be if he remains playing under 23, I do hope we told him we were considering bringing another CB in when he signed his new contract. Whilst he doesn't need to know all our business and if we'd bought a Bonucci for £50m, then that's one thing, but Evans would be a back up, therefore blocking his chance. Can do without another academy player slagging us off publicly for lying to them, or it's going to make finding new players more difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.