Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see if Ancelotti is keen on keeping Jorginho.
The only reason I see this deal going thru is due to both clubs being far advanced in their negotiations. A smart move by Txiki would be to close this deal ASAP.

Other than height,and probably the fee......why have we allowed the Rags to sign Fred and switched our attention to this lad?

Perfect appraisal.

I would argue Jorginho AND Fernandinho would eliminate a few more of those brain farts, when coupled also with KDB's running?

The margins for error will always increase when Gundogan is in the midfield three - the defeats correlate with his inclusion. Much more effective arriving on the edge of the penalty area, doesn't have the engine or appetite for screening.

We've come to appreciate so much about Fernandinho's defensive capabilities since he was here,but he plays a completely different way from his time with Shakhtar.

He could be a very potent weapon breaking between the lines if he's got licence to. You know his engine will also ensure he gets back in and reinforces Jorginho's options to collect from the central defenders.
I remember,her Fernandinho destroying Chelsea in CL at the Bridge when at Shaktar! Been a hero since he arrived and a gentleman! Just a great guy!

Other than height,and probably the fee......why have we allowed the Rags to sign Fred and switched our attention to this lad?
He's basically better at everything apart from running around a lot.

Jorginho is world class. Most passes made by a player in Europe, one every 50 seconds on average.

Maybe we imagined Napoli would sew up the title, keep Jorginho and Sarri would stay.

That was the goal. And it's not dumb at all. It's genius. The moment you are defending, you've already lost.

Possession= controlling the make and manner of victory.
Defending= hoping to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

@Neville Kneville argument misses the point, it's not about the instances that led to goals, but rather the context in which those instances arose.

The offside goal came off an unforced bad pass from Sane. Followef by a cul de sac run up field by Ota' for another. But prior to the goals in CL or the league at anfield, we had on multiple occasions given up the ball (Sane's case in CL was the first bad TO- so unfortunate), But the general reaction to the press is a level of discomfort that affects our whole team play.

That uncomfortable situation leads to the eventual errors that lead to goals. The particular ones that end up as goals aren't as relevant. As that particular scenario mat not occur in future. What matters is the surrounding context that causes these goal conceding ourcomes. With Liverpool, it's the press and our inability to deal with it.

I can imagine Pep lining up like this against Pool next season.

Ederson
Danilo..Stones.. Laporte.. Mendy
..................Jorghino..................
.......Gundogan.......Silva........
Mahrez................... Debryune
....................... Jesus...

And suddenly, the press is significantly less effective.

Jorginho will help but Pep figured out how to beat them in the second leg but we had to do more than just win, which left us incredibly exposed in the second half.

De Bruyne and Silva played very wide, often picking the ball up in a wing back position, we chose not to go into Liverpool's 'U' pressing trap and it worked incredibly well. I'm pretty confident we'll beat them next year.

Personally didn't expect Jorginho to be available- he's pivotal to Napoli's style of play and success. Fred was a great alternative, but Jorginho is better at the metronomic, counter press role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.