Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debatable whether Arsenal away were tough opposition ;-) but that game at Spurs was one of our toughest games of the season and ulitmately one of our most satisfying performances.

It was. Pep though made a decision in the second half at Spurs to reinforce the midfield with an extra man and go three at the back, which proved inspired.

Prior to that, either side of half time, Gundo was being overrun and our manager saw he and Delph were giving the ball away very cheaply.

It was. Pep though made a decision in the second half at Spurs to reinforce the midfield with an extra man and go three at the back, which proved inspired.

Prior to that, either side of half time, Gundo was being overrun and our manager saw he and Delph were giving the ball away very cheaply.

Tbf I thought Gundogan was excellent in that game and was simply let down by Silva and De Bruyne shirking their defensive responsibilities as the half wore on.

I think it's make or break for him next year. Don't forget he came back from a horror injury last season, and it took him a long time to get up to speed.

With a pre season this year, I'm excited to see what he can bring. I hope he can break off some or his psychological issues in terms of pulling out of tackles. He never did that at Dortmund.

Tbf I thought Gundogan was excellent in that game and was simply let down by Silva and De Bruyne shirking their defensive responsibilities as the half wore on.

I think it's make or break for him next year. Don't forget he came back from a horror injury last season, and it took him a long time to get up to speed.

With a pre season this year, I'm excited to see what he can bring. I hope he can break off some or his psychological issues in terms of pulling out of tackles. He never did that at Dortmund.

He WAS excellent mate, but it only seems to be in shorter periods?

He was the best player on the pitch during the first half at Burnley but then just faded, badly.

Whether that is down to his stamina or, as I suspect, he just goes missing when the going gets a bit tougher.

I love watching his little moments of skill and defo think this is a big year for him.

It was Gundo who gave Otamendi a horror backwards pass for the Mane goal, as he was pressed with his back to the play.

Again, Gundo was pressed and pulled out of the the tackle which led to the Chamberlain strike in the Champions League game.

I like him, lovely technician, but only for certain games.

Just watched that again to confirm what you said (thanks for nothing by the way :-() and to be fair to him at least he got some form of tackle in. De Bruyne was running around chasing everything and getting nowhere, Sane was standing watching and doing nothing, and Silva was standing watching Sane! Never was 'you win as a team you lose as a team'' more apt than that evening.

I agree, though in that he doesn't inspire confidence in those games when the tackles are flying in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.